• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Bronze Age Pedigree's
3 3

272 posts in this topic

this was my first suscha news:

TOS63.jpg

THAT is NICE!!! (worship)

Suscha News freaking RULES!!!

For the life of me i cant understand the thinking of the MANY people ive seen bash this Pedigree ???

Sufunk and slappy, great books! Be careful tho, pedigrees are a slippery slope :cloud9:

Thank you!

Too late though, i'm already hopelessly addicted to buying Pedigrees, especially Avengers :cry:

I only had i think 1 Pedigree book that i got cheap off of eBay until a few months ago. I always thought they were WAY too expensive and didnt see the need to spend even more money for whatever issue that i already had to. lately though, i seem to be able to find them for very close to gpa for regular issues so ive been snatching them up. I dont know if its because the market for them is down or because of all the new Peds like Suscha, TC and savannah but they seem to be much cheaper or maybe i was just looking at the wrong ones before and thought they were more expensive than they really were (shrug)

Either way, i freaking LOVE them, especially the Suscha News Peds :cloud9:

I actually just switched my sig line to all my early Avengers Peds(other than the #4) cause i just LOVE looking at them!

I would agree, the influx of new pedigrees has held the prices down lately.

I havnt met a pedigree i didnt like :grin:

I'd agree except for Savannah. I'll admit, i'm a PQ snob so the large amount of c/ow books does turn me off mostly. It's not just the PQ though. I have and will buy c/ow books as long as from the cover at least, they dont look like c/ow books. The Savannah ones ive seen, which isnt a ton, for the most part look like c/ow books. Imo, they are not even remotely close to being as bright or fresh looking as the other Peds, especially the Suscha's.

Edited by sufunk

Sufunk and slappy, great books! Be careful tho, pedigrees are a slippery slope :cloud9:

Thank you!

Too late though, i'm already hopelessly addicted to buying Pedigrees, especially Avengers :cry:

I only had i think 1 Pedigree book that i got cheap off of eBay until a few months ago. I always thought they were WAY too expensive and didnt see the need to spend even more money for whatever issue that i already had to. lately though, i seem to be able to find them for very close to gpa for regular issues so ive been snatching them up. I dont know if its because the market for them is down or because of all the new Peds like Suscha, TC and savannah but they seem to be much cheaper or maybe i was just looking at the wrong ones before and thought they were more expensive than they really were (shrug)

I actually just switched my sig line to all my early Avengers Peds(other than the #4) cause i just LOVE looking at them!

I'd agree except for Savannah. I'll admit, i'm a PQ snob so the large amount of c/ow books does turn me off mostly. It's not just the PQ though. I have and will buy c/ow books as long as from the cover at least, they dont look like c/ow books. The Savannah ones ive seen, which isnt a ton, for the most part look like c/ow books. Imo, they are not even remotely close to being as bright or fresh looking as the other Peds, especially the Suscha's.

PQ is an after thought to me on any book under 300$ Would you kick this out of bed? :baiting:

scan0074-1.jpg

Thank you!

PQ is an after thought to me on any book under 300$ Would you kick this out of bed? :baiting:

scan0074-1.jpg

No, but she better be WILD in it!!! lol

Seriously though, that one doesnt look c/ow from the cover. Like i said, i havent seen a ton of the Savannahs but alot of the ones i have look MUCH more browned out on the cover than that one. That copy, i wouldnt have a problem with. Especially since according to gpa, you got that cheaper than a regular #113 :o

I do think there is a visible difference though between that and say this one in my eyes. Granted though, this went for a premium above gpa.

h122.jpg

:D I was happy with the price for sure!

The 122 is a sought after cover and i would expect it to command a premium.

Here is one for you sufunk!

scan0193.jpg

:D I was happy with the price for sure!

The 122 is a sought after cover and i would expect it to command a premium.

Here is one for you sufunk!

scan0193.jpg

I hate you!!! :sumo:

lol

That is freaking NICE!!!

The next best thing to an Avengers pedigree is another title with the Avengers on the cover! The only thing that could make that sweeter is if the Vision was on the cover :cloud9:

If you ever think about getting rid of that one, DEFINITELY shoot me a pm! :wishluck:

(thumbs u

and speaking of pedigrees that get hated on :cloud9:

Hate on!

scan0190.jpg

That's a great looking book Green ! I like Don Rosa books but it is not a pedigree, only a collection. In fact, I have submitted Don Rosa books and not even noted the 'pedigree' to CGC = means nothing to me.

From the CGC website:

CGC recognizes the following pedigree collections on the CGC label:

Don Rosa Collection

here

I do not loose any respect for the books or the status of the collection between 1966 and the late 80s just because he collected GA and pieced in the early parts of his runs.

I know that you do, and that many others feel the same way. Different strokes and all.

I have 1 or 2 Rosa's and they are SWEET!

Nothing wrong with those whatsoever in my book (thumbs u

I have some Don Rosa Collection books too. I'm an Uncle Scrooge collector so Don's work on that title is what makes owning some of his books special.

I don't have any Rosa collection Scrooge books and I don't remember ever seeing any come up for sale.

I have 1 or 2 Rosa's and they are SWEET!

Nothing wrong with those whatsoever in my book (thumbs u

I have some Don Rosa Collection books too. I'm an Uncle Scrooge collector so Don's work on that title is what makes owning some of his books special.

I don't have any Rosa collection Scrooge books and I don't remember ever seeing any come up for sale.

He likely still has them.

I like Don Rosa books but it is not a pedigree, only a collection.

What jury of experts decreed that the Rosa Collection is not/not a pedigree?

As far as I'm concerned -- having done extensive due diligence on the collection -- it is indeed a bona-fide pedigree.

If you hold a different opinion, well, I guess you're entitled to it.

But in reality you are either unfortunately misinformed or purposefully inciting chat-board provocation.

WG-1_9-6_rosa.jpg

WG-2_9-4_rosa_a.jpg

WMD-5_9-6_rosa.jpg

WMD-6_9-6_DR.jpg

COD-8_9-4_dr.jpg