• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes 2011

972 posts in this topic

If I only had a time machine I would know what to bring there and what not to bring.

hm

If I had a time machine I doubt I would initially use it to go forward in time.

A few notes I might leave to others if I were not able to carry anything back with me.

Buy comics.

Invest in Microsoft, Google, facebook.

For airport security to check for box cutters on 9/11/2001.

Princess Diana to rent a cab.

JFK Jr. not to fly a plane in a cast.

Etc.

In typical fashion for them they wait until May and start adding the big guns as time gets closer. I am a little concerned that a certain JSC has not been added to the list as yet....

That's true as I remember last year Wrightson and Trimpe were added the week of the show starting. I have also seen confirmation on artists sites saying they are going, but they haven't been eannounced by Shelton yet.

How are the dinner plans coming along?

That's a good one and I don't want to hurt anyones feelings,

but he have a clash between –

folks that want a classy dinner that you can talk to everyone at in a special

enclosed area (which will more than likely mean, away from downtown and a meal

that is a little pricer than we have done before).

vs

folks that want the dinner to be close to the convention hall and allows more money to

be spent on comics.

Honestly I can go either way, but I was trying to go the latter route because most the

people I have talked to liked what we have done before.

I haven't had any time to scope out anything else in Charlotte, so my guess is as good as

everybody else here.

hm

I vote for Flemings. Had a great meal two years ago, racked up a $70 bill for myself, and it was comped. All I had to do was let the bus boy dunk a glass of ice water on me.

It was so worth it. :cloud9:

That's cool, I would say add it to the list.

We should gather up as many places that are worthy and put them up for a vote.

I feel that next week would give folks long enough to think about it and I will place the

restaurants up to vote on.

A poll would be pretty cool... hm

You know if nothing else, how difficult would it be to grab dinner somewhere relatively close and then head back to the Westin and go to either the bar area (yeah I'm guessing packed) or that little area outside where they usually host the art auction?