• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 10*

234 posts in this topic

Foxing stains aside, the URFC and LRFC are really soft... and the spine corners are pretty fuzzy for a 9.0.

I could understand 8.5 tops, but 9.0... :insane:

The books a 9.0 all day, without comments. I figured it was legitimately something that should be factored into grade. I was very very wrong.

wtf? you guys said there was foxing on the back cover. :sumo:

My recollection (from many "How the :censored: did CGC give this a X.X?" posts/threads) is that CGC doesn't usually hit foxing very hard. Lucky for me, or I would have messed this round up as badly as I thought I had.

I have actually read a few threads on here about foxing and the overall opinion is that it really only hammers upper-high-grade books, like 9.4 and above, and even then it's a crapshoot due to overall coverage, color and other factors (pedigrees).

On books 9.2 and below it might drop it down a grade or so, but nothing drastic.

I gave it a 7.0. Obviously I will ignore comments in the future.

In the future, I don't see any more comments forthcoming. You will be on your own.

:( I'm all for the comments. Anyone can choose to do what they want with them, but they're a natural part of buying a raw book online through a scan.

Without them it is more like one of those Ebay postings that say

"Here is the book,I think it's great but I'm not a grader so judge for yourself"

I gave it a 7.0. Obviously I will ignore comments in the future.

In the future, I don't see any more comments forthcoming. You will be on your own.

Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns! (tsk)