• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Just in from Heritage. I've always wanted a nice copy... :whee:

superman146.jpg

Congrats, Jeff. Finally picked one up. Looks exactly like mine right down to the PQ. Only I bought mine in 1993 so I'm sure I paid a lot less. It's funny about that book; there have been 8 9.2s in the census for at least the past 5 or 6 years--maybe longer and only one 9.4 which I recall went over three grand the last time it came to market. Again, a classic!

SLR

Just in from Heritage. I've always wanted a nice copy... :whee:

superman146.jpg

Really nice copy. Back in 2000 I was looking for a nice CGC SM #146 but they were scarce back then. Marnin Rosenberg told me he had a NM- with nice pages that he had sent to CGC, with lots of other books. I think he told me it was his first time with CGC. Anyway, when the book came back it was only a VFNM with cow pages. I was disappointed but bought it anyway.

Superman146.jpg

With Marnin's wry sense of humor he put a sticker over the DC logo on my new #146.

Marninsticker.jpg

I'd say the 9.0 grade is about right from what I can see. If of course it had been published in 1941 instead of 1961, CGC would have graded it a 9.6. :eyeroll:

Nonetheless, nice copy!

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

Believe it or not I submitted this book at SDCC 2012 and the book just arrived a couple of days ago. Man, that's six months. Also, the book was actually graded on 11/14/12. Oh well. Dealer called it an 8.0 due to the very light foxing on the back and a couple of very minor defects so I was happy with this grade. Superman166--ChristmasCover_zps6c5f0e66.jpg

Believe it or not I submitted this book at SDCC 2012 and the book just arrived a couple of days ago. Man, that's six months. Also, the book was actually graded on 11/14/12. Oh well. Dealer called it an 8.0 due to the very light foxing on the back and a couple of very minor defects so I was happy with this grade. Superman166--ChristmasCover_zps6c5f0e66.jpg

Very sharp copy. :headbang:

At least you got it back in time for next Christmas. ;)