• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

To those of you not reading your Superman family books, this is the kind of stuff you are missing out of on the letters page, circa 1959. Kind of wished Judy did point out some boners.

adv254let.jpg

I bought this one from Harley at the Toronto show a week and a half ago:

17-03-201390019PM_zpsb661cae4.jpg

:cool:

Swan was certainly earning his pay in the early 60's.......Weissinger gave him the green light and he never looked back. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I just got this as an early birthday gift from our own Drummy (Dan). We met here on the boards when Dan was in Milwaukee and he moved back to Boston a few years ago. We became great friends and he served as my best man.

I love this book !!

2003131820441.jpg

I had this one for quite some time, but never got around to posting. Another first appearance and white pages rule ! :headbang:

1710122331571.jpg

I just got this as an early birthday gift from our own Drummy (Dan). We met here on the boards when Dan was in Milwaukee and he moved back to Boston a few years ago. We became great friends and he served as my best man.

I love this book !!

2003131820441.jpg

I had this one for quite some time, but never got around to posting. Another first appearance and white pages rule ! :headbang:

1710122331571.jpg

Excellent #242, one of the heavy weight DC books of the Silver Age. :cloud9:

Thanks Dan & Steve,

I have only scratched the surface in 80 page Giant collecting, but must agree they are packed with excellent stories. Issue #11 features an unused Curt Swan Superman cover, that was to have been used for the cover of issue #175. Does anyone have the actual cover for #175 handy for comparison sake? I kind of like this unused cover. :cool:

EGHTYPG_11A_zps94ae8397.jpg

A Wonder Con pickup: penultimate pre-code issue. I've never seen an acutal copy before though I know Silver and steel city have one. Only a VG--according to the dealer but it was cheap and presents well. I think he undergraded the book. Very nice PQ too. Colors look better in hand. Have to play around with the color bar next time: Untitled-1.jpg