• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Just finished going through my latest acquisitions, thought I'd post a few I liked the covers of.

Looks like Lucy Lane has treated Jimmy poorly for the last time - I'd love to see what the kids look like once you mix that green hair with Jimmy's red:

JO51_001_zpsde2177e8.jpg

And in these next two, I always loved it when Jimmy got into something and had a strange transformation. May I present Giant Turtle-Man, and Colossal Jimmy:

JO53_001_zps2e2b81cd.jpg

JO77_001_zpse344f5b7.jpg

Coincidentally I've been going through my JO books, too...Some of the early ones are tough to find

jimmyolsen13_0001.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't have anything back that far, this is my oldest Jimmy Olsen:

JO36_001_zps646a038e.jpg

The only books I have in the teens are a couple Lois Lane's. This is my oldest of her title, #15:

LL15_001_zpsdbd532a9.jpg

Coincidentally I've been going through my JO books, too...Some of the early ones are tough to find

jimmyolsen13_0001.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't have anything back that far, this is my oldest Jimmy Olsen:

JO36_001_zps646a038e.jpg

The only books I have in the teens are a couple Lois Lane's. This is my oldest of her title, #15:

LL15_001_zpsdbd532a9.jpg

That LL 15 is one of the great covers of the Silver Age. I just love the "triple panel covers"; they are so cool.

LL15_001_zpsdbd532a9.jpg

That LL 15 is one of the great covers of the Silver Age. I just love the "triple panel covers"; they are so cool.

Yeah, they do look pretty neat. I think we've talked about this one before, Superman #132:

Superman132_001_zpsee186ef7.jpg

LL15_001_zpsdbd532a9.jpg

Yeah, they do look pretty neat. I think we've talked about this one before, Superman #132:

Superman132_001_zpsee186ef7.jpg

....Wayne Boring interiors ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I love those two covers, two of my favorites.

I have all the JO books, but most are lower grade, when I find another high grade one, I'll post it. I never paid much attention to grade when buying them, just bought what I could find, so they vary like all my books.

jimmyolsen13_0001.jpg

JO36_001_zps646a038e.jpg

Man, those go back so far I can't even remember ever seeing them before now!

(thumbs u

Well, Hep, should I post my J.O. #24...? Also, there is what appears to be a Cookeville copy of J.O. #1 on Ebay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermans-Pal-Jimmy-Olsen-1-Sep-Oct-1954-DC-/201014281946?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ecd6286da

Edited by tricolorbrian

The 11 is much tougher to find than the 13.

Early Jimmys are so tough. I'm sure we all have copies to upgrade.

Well, be sure to let me know when you do - my collection consists of nothing else but stuff other people want to upgrade from. ;)

The 11 is much tougher to find than the 13.

Early Jimmys are so tough. I'm sure we all have copies to upgrade.

Well, be sure to let me know when you do - my collection consists of nothing else but stuff other people want to upgrade from. ;)

I might be a charter member of this myself. :o

Been meaning to scan my Jimmy Olsens for some time,most mid to low grade but at least I am complete finally.

I made a start with scanning, then switched to photos as it was taking too long.

This would be 1-12 but 12 is a slab and missing from the shot :grin:

1-12.jpg