• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Lois is so dainty that she rides the broom side saddle.

Methinks it was more the case that the editors at DC were dainty to the point of being supercilious.

:tonofbricks:

Speaking of Superboy I noticed that the Superboy 68 containing the very first appearance of Bizzaro went for over $1600.00 in the latest C-link auction. It was a CGC 7.5 with OW/W pages. This is a very tough book to find with such nice page qualtiy and above Fine. Definitely expensive, but IMO well-worth it. What do other boardies think? I couldn't afford it at this point since I'm saving $$$ for Summer Convention season. I did make a non-aggressive bid though.

SLR

that Jimmy Olsen Annual mentioned on the back cover was supposed to be JO Annual 1, but instead became 80 Page Giant 2.

Here are the original covers:

jo31.jpg

jo30.jpg

jo32.jpg

act253.jpg

sba1a.jpg

sba1b.jpg

Beautiful copy of the Superboy Annua1, Dan. I've always wanted a beautiful copy. Perhaps, I'll luck out at Comic-Con in a couple of weeks. BTW, I finally purchased a CGC 7.5 OWW of Superboy 68. That's been on my want list for many years. I've run across a number of copies, but PQ has always been very low.

SLR

P8250326.jpg

I have always admired the cover for Superman 132, with the purple and yellow lettering of "SUPERMAN" and the black background. That's a true classic cover. (thumbs u

I found Superman #147 in the back storage room of a drug store that also sold comic books several years ago. There were two long boxes that evidently had not been searched for a while.

Superman_147.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

P8250324.jpg

Bought way back in the ninties from Metropolis. It took him all day to decide to sell it to me for 500 bucks instead of the 550 he was asking. I don't think I ever spent so much time trying to cajole someone to allow some movement on the book, but in the end my entreaties paid off.

P8250326.jpg

I have always admired the cover for Supreman 132, with the purple and yellow lettering of "SUPERMAN" and the black background. That's a true classic cover. (thumbs u

I found Superman #147 in the back storage room of a drug store that also sold comic books several years ago. There were two long boxes that evidently had not been searched for a while.

Superman_147.jpg

I was bidding on this book in the last C-link auction. But the bidding went too high for me. It sold for 4 grand. I think it was a 9.2. I wouldn't mind having your copy; I've always wanted one. If you decide to sell, LMK.

SLR