• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

One of my favorite Superboy covers. fits in so well with other Krypton covers from the era.

This is an original owner copy from Alaska acquired by Harley Yee before I was lucky enough to spot it!

SB79.jpg

I love that cover! Superboy books are normally a lower priority for me but I go for any Krypto covers.

:applause:

#113 May 1957 This may be Wayne Boring's last Superman cover. I ran a serach for Boring, then for Swan using the advanced search capability of the GCD site.

(in Credits: Inker = Boring then Swan), (in Story fields; title = Superman), and also in Story fileds I chose "cover".

The advanced search results were not consistent with what I observed when going issue to issue, as I noticed Swan had credit from issue 117, but the search shows issue 118 as the first for Swan with many gaps from the 120's to 190's and beyond. The GCD site does mention that the advanced search has "known bugs and limitations".

Sups_113.jpg

Boring did the cover of issue 200. I love his work. Su it's a bit over styled, kinda like DCs Ditko. Too often his work looks kinda dated or stiff. Like all his women pointing all the time. But his Supermans flying were heroic and made Swan look bland

#113 May 1957 This may be Wayne Boring's last Superman cover. I ran a serach for Boring, then for Swan using the advanced search capability of the GCD site.

(in Credits: Inker = Boring then Swan), (in Story fields; title = Superman), and also in Story fileds I chose "cover".

The advanced search results were not consistent with what I observed when going issue to issue, as I noticed Swan had credit from issue 117, but the search shows issue 118 as the first for Swan with many gaps from the 120's to 190's and beyond. The GCD site does mention that the advanced search has "known bugs and limitations".

Sups_113.jpg

First mention of Kal-El!

Here are scans of three more of my Superman books:

18-09-2011112151PM.jpg

18-09-2011112155PM.jpg

18-09-2011112158PM.jpg

:cool:

Hepcat,

Killer copies on those three issues. :cloud9: I especially like issue 163, where Wonderman temporarily steals Supermans thunder. I have been chipping away on the 160's fairly recently, but am only about 1/2 way complete. I was able to complete all of the issues in the 150's last year.