• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Which issue of the Comic Book Marketplace contains that article? Could you scan some of the pages?

???

Just our luck the article in CBM #108, focuses on the end of the Silver Age! :sorry:

I believe the point could be made for phasing in the S.A. for each comic book title,

just the as the article does for the end of the S.A. title by title. :juggle:

CBM_108a.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

Not the best copy of this issue, I actually have a better one, but haven't scanned it yet. Stevenrams has a 9.0 i believe.

This is part of the highly sought after group of covers that are black multi paneled covers. Adventure 248, Lois Lane 15 and an earlier Action are all like this.

A great, great read, and cool cover to boot:

sm132.jpg

A VF+ is the best I've been able to find.

Shown this loads of times but why not again?

Superman132.jpg

Beautiful copy, Ian! Although I do have the CGC 9.0 it's with Cream/OW pages; your 8.5 has superior page PQ which is always a plus especially in a silver age book though golden age it doesn't bother me as much. However, i bought my copy slabbed from John Verzyl of Comic Heaven and had it reholdered a couple of years ago. It's a great story; I read a reprint of it somewhere and really enjoyed it. Classic Silver Age Superman!

I am sensing a ripple in the force, I think he has all 4! :applause:

There are 2 quad covers (Action 211, Adv 248) and 2 75% quad covers (Lois 15 & Superman 132). You could count Action 212 as a quad cover but it's a bit of an outlier because the background is pink while on the others it's black. I don't have all of them.