• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Bans Be Forever?

157 posts in this topic

For scamming other collectors, yes. For trolling, no.

Users don't get banned for scamming.

Wasn't alleybat banned for scamming?

That was before my time, but I know CAP Freak wasn't, TFL wasn't (not really a scammer but still cost someone money), comicsupply hasn't been banned...

It seems the scammers get banned at a later date due to the unrest they cause through their actions. The mods don't get involved in board transactions at all.

Nobody has mentioned Deathlok, nor has anyone confirmed if he still participates via a shill....

The one banned boardie I miss above all others is Major Khaos. He had a nifty way with words and was good fun. He got banned because he wanted to (he goaded Arch into throwing him out).

For scamming other collectors, yes. For trolling, no.

Users don't get banned for scamming.

Wasn't alleybat banned for scamming?

I think he was banned for being a nutball.

Same with Luxx.

I'm just having a quick thought here...there are a few contributors that I think helped the hobby and these boards over the years that were subsequently banned for one reason or another...

So...that got me thinking...

Who has been banned from the boards that you would like to see post again, and do you think a ban should have a "parole" hearing?

Talk amongst yourselves.

Before you all jump in and say Redhook think about this.He wrecked Cap and Mandi after holding them hostage for how long?Im sure Kenny could post the defaced c&m.

He tried a scam on ebay.Goon may have deserved this but please.

Brad did add a lot to the boards...both good and bad.I vote no.

I still don't understand what could possess a grown man to take a stupid picture that was sent around as a joke to take pictures with and do what he did. If I remember didn't he try and extort Ze-man into trying to get him unbanned from these very boards for the "safe return" of the picture ?

I don't know about you but that sounds like someone who is seriously unstable to me.