• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Unhappy kids

315 posts in this topic

Reading that auction it seems the father/parent who listed this auction is unaware of two things:

1) A bathtub may be re-enameled at a far lower cost and it doesn't need to be replaced.

and

2) The Menendez Brothers.

menendez-brothers.jpg

That is AWESOME! "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but in the end, produces a harvest of good behavior." :cloud9:

Not sure they had to actually post a picture of the kid bawling on the internet though hm

That seems a little much to me. That kid will probably have a printed screenshot of that pic in about 10 years when he walks into a place and starts shooting it up :eek:

I'm all for discipline, especially as coddled and spoiled as these freaking kids are today but still seems a little over the top to post that pic in the auction imo.

That is AWESOME! "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but in the end, produces a harvest of good behavior." :cloud9:

Not sure they had to actually post a picture of the kid bawling on the internet though hm

That seems a little much to me. That kid will probably have a printed screenshot of that pic in about 10 years when he walks into a place and starts shooting it up :eek:

I'm all for discipline, especially as coddled and spoiled as these freaking kids are today but still seems a little over the top to post that pic in the auction imo.

It will make them think twice about destroying mom and dad's things, eh...?

It's a LIGHT punishment, all things considered.

Discipline does not make murderers. Quite the contrary.

No, but public humiliation can (thumbs u

Oh yeah...?

Evidence?

Reading that auction it seems the father/parent who listed this auction is unaware of two things:

1) A bathtub may be re-enameled at a far lower cost and it doesn't need to be replaced .

menendez-brothers.jpg

The last time I had one-refinished for a customer it was around $225.00. That was some years ago. They do look like brand new when its finished.

DR.X

I think poppa is hoping for sympathy and people will over pay for the items

That's about how me and my brothers looked when my dear old pop

found religion and made us sell all of out KISS albums and toys.

:(

Hopefully you now throw that in his face at every opportunity.

;)

Did you see that picture? Those kids look to be about 8 and 6. From the amount of Beyblades in that bag and their relative cost each, it would not be an unwise assumption that these were collected over some time. These toys are clearly marked ages 8 and up. So you have another parent giving their child a toy meant for older children and then blaming their faulty parenting and their laziness on the people least capable of making those decisions. Now that there are consequences it's up to the person with the least ability to tell right from wrong and the person who's too young to realize he was given a toy dangerous enough to destroy a hardened material (far harder than a child's skin) to pay the bill.

Are we supposed to believe they did all that damage in one play session? Or is it more likely this happened over the course of time and the parents never supervised their children closely enough to notice the damage.

If these beyblade can slice through porcelain this badly in one play session, I wonder why these parents weren't finding (or worrying about) giant gashes on their children's bodies.

The ebay genius never mentioned telling his kids in advance not to play in the bathtub. I wonder if he ever did. Or if, after seeing the damage, decided it was their fault anyway because 6 year olds are world renowned for being able to calculate the consequences of their actions without parental instruction beforehand.

This is poor parenting. Opening up your children to world wide ridicule because of, what seems like, lazy and poor parenting in the first place isn't teaching your kids to not play in the bathtub, it's teaching them that their father is a massive person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and he can't be trusted to not take out his failures on them.

There are probably 100 ways to teach these kids a lesson about responsibility with property and money that don't involve destroying their self esteem or outing them publicly.

I agree RMA these kids will never forget this. When they 17 and their dad wakes up with a pillow over his face he won't have to guess who it is, or more likely, when the father is elderly and in need of care I am sure the kids will make sure the state home for the elderly has a nice shiny bathtub for him.

+1

Of all the people who can't get their lives together that I have encountered in my life - most had over permissive parents that did not teach right from wrong.

^^

TRUTH

+1

Of all the people who can't get their lives together that I have encountered in my life - most had over permissive parents that did not teach right from wrong.

Every single one of my childhood friends is in prison right now, strict or lenient parents.

I think it's something in the water :insane:

Ever read about the home and school life of the Columbine killers? It's not a new concept.

Did you see that picture? Those kids look to be about 8 and 6. From the amount of Beyblades in that bag and their relative cost each, it would not be an unwise assumption that these were collected over some time. These toys are clearly marked ages 8 and up. So you have another parent giving their child a toy meant for older children and then blaming their faulty parenting and their laziness on the people least capable of making those decisions. Now that there are consequences it's up to the person with the least ability to tell right from wrong and the person who's too young to realize he was given a toy dangerous enough to destroy a hardened material (far harder than a child's skin) to pay the bill.

Are we supposed to believe they did all that damage in one play session? Or is it more likely this happened over the course of time and the parents never supervised their children closely enough to notice the damage.

If these beyblade can slice through porcelain this badly in one play session, I wonder why these parents weren't finding (or worrying about) giant gashes on their children's bodies.

The ebay genius never mentioned telling his kids in advance not to play in the bathtub. I wonder if he ever did. Or if, after seeing the damage, decided it was their fault anyway because 6 year olds are world renowned for being able to calculate the consequences of their actions without parental instruction beforehand.

This is poor parenting. Opening up your children to world wide ridicule because of, what seems like, lazy and poor parenting in the first place isn't teaching your kids to not play in the bathtub, it's teaching them that their father is a massive person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and he can't be trusted to not take out his failures on them.

There are probably 100 ways to teach these kids a lesson about responsibility with property and money that don't involve destroying their self esteem or outing them publicly.

I agree RMA these kids will never forget this. When they 17 and their dad wakes up with a pillow over his face he won't have to guess who it is, or more likely, when the father is elderly and in need of care I am sure the kids will make sure the state home for the elderly has a nice shiny bathtub for him.

Are you serious, man? lol