• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 121 Club

487 posts in this topic

Here's my copy:

3418155729_d9403f5ed4_o.jpg

Is there any DC Silver age book you don't have?

lol, there's lots of SA DCs I don't have. I don't collect any of the Superman, Superman Family, Legion books along with some of the more short run titles like Atom, Metal Men, Hawkman or Teen Titans. I'm no Ian Levine...

It was nice to be in the collecting world in the early 80's,,

Most Batmans between # 101-130 could be had for less than $20.00 in decent grades,,

I know this went for under $20.00 in the early 80's,,

File0292.jpg

I say this often, but if I had been born 10 years before I was, and did exactly what I did starting in 1990...I'd have a collection rivaling the best that exist. And not because I'm all that smart or great, but because, other than Marvel SA keys, everything else was so damn cheap....

To be buying in the early 80's... :cloud9:

It was nice to be in the collecting world in the early 80's,,

Most Batmans between # 101-130 could be had for less than $20.00 in decent grades,,

I know this went for under $20.00 in the early 80's,,

File0292.jpg

Keep in mind though that they just couldn't be found in "decent" grades. What dealers called NM in those days would be only Fine by today's standards - and DCs in even that condition weren't commonly displayed at shows, and certainly weren't in the bins at your friendly neighbourhood comic shop.

Today's high prices have brought the supply out of the woodwork.

rantrant

That one has great eye appeal for a 7.0. I would not have sold it.

(tsk)

:sorry:

There seemed to a lot of mid-grade copies hitting the market so I decided to sell before prices fell. I can get a VG reading copy for a fraction of the price.

Former member. :hi:

_Batman121cgc70.PNG

I'll pick up a nice reading copy again at some point.

That one has great eye appeal for a 7.0. I would not have sold it.

(tsk)

I would have kept that puppy. You just don't see 7.0+ with nice eye appeal often ;)