• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man Enthusiasts Thread!

117 posts in this topic

So back to the 9.9 #1. It is currently at $31,000 and closes in a couple of days. What's the current over/under on this book? I thought it would be closer to $20K and obviously that ship has sailed, so how high do you think it will go? I don't see it going much higher...

Link

Interestingly, the guy from Pristine Comics had a 9.9 for sale for over $100k...needless to say it won't come close to that.

I still think this has to be the same book, and I completely agree with you. Even half of that would be a sick price (frankly the $31K seems like more than enough).

Interestingly, the guy from Pristine Comics had a 9.9 for sale for over $100k...needless to say it won't come close to that.

I still think this has to be the same book, and I completely agree with you. Even half of that would be a sick price (frankly the $31K seems like more than enough).

I can't imagine paying uber prices like that for anything,that's insane money!

A beauty 9.4 looks the same to me. (shrug)

So back to the 9.9 #1. It is currently at $31,000 and closes in a couple of days. What's the current over/under on this book? I thought it would be closer to $20K and obviously that ship has sailed, so how high do you think it will go? I don't see it going much higher...

Link

$36K and climbing. :screwy: Pass the bowl of crack!

Often times 9.9 hit 10 times the average 9.8 price. With the latest 9.8 going for 6K, I'm thinking 50-60K for this book.

Well for a high grade Iron Man collector I guess this is the top of the mountain but for me $35-$50K for the seller is an outstanding jackpot. Its hard not to compare what $50K can be used for to buy other books. There sure are some serious high grade buyers this past year that are forking over a lot of cash.

Well, something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay them for it. At least two people must have thought that IM #1 was worth that kind of money in order for the auction to get up that high. :P

You must have really been digging deep in the Silver room to resurrect this thread! lol

No silver comic book forum is complete without an Iron Man thread - great stories, iconic covers, and an affordable A-List Marvel superhero.

Would love to see more scans!

==============================

What is your opinion of the last silver age Iron Man? Of course, this depends on your opinion of the end of the Silver Age.

Is it...

Iron Man #20 12/69 (Last issue of the 60s)?

Iron Man #24 4/70 (Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams take over Green Lantern)?

Iron Man #59 6/73 (Death of Gwen Stacy in ASM121)?

Some other issue?

I always go with #20. What's your opinion?

Well, I have no CGC comics yet, but I figured I would join in on this site with posting my gems from this series. I also have 2, 4 but those covers are jacked up. Every comic I have and will post is one that I have had or was my dads. I haven't gone around buying rare comics. Does that 1 look like a VG?

duQQY.jpg

gMfCp.jpg

Well, I have no CGC comics yet, but I figured I would join in on this site with posting my gems from this series. I also have 2, 4 but those covers are jacked up. Every comic I have and will post is one that I have had or was my dads. I haven't gone around buying rare comics. Does that 1 look like a VG?

The #1 looks better than VG. Maybe FN if all the real flaws are light spine bends and that bottom corner crease. Depends on the back cover condition too. Plus it's terribly tough to predict grade based on a photo! (shrug)

My first Iron Man buy will be at the Mtl con when i get my fave cover.

TOS number 48

New suit crashing through the wall.I love how the pose is like a moment in time.

To me that cover says Watch out bud,im so comin' to kick your butt.

So,anybody has this one so this noob can drool while he waits for September ?

While I don't have any of my Iron Man issues slabbed (except for ToS #39) I am wanting to track down a high grade slab of #14 (same as in the first post of this thread) as I have always loved that cover, story, and the 'night phantom' (goggles on a villain are my true weakness!)

Otherwise as for how enthusiastic I am I have the entire IM run for Vol 1, 2, and 3 with most of the variants (cover only, not price/international version). Put it together years ago and really should buy the newer IM runs as they are quite good (do alot o my newer comic reading digitally)