• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

Many pages back I mentioned the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. It is a long series though. They just announced the release date for book 15 this May. Book one and two are only okay, but from book three on you won't be able to put them down until the end.

I'm close to finishing The Tomb by F. Paul Wilson and will then move on to Legacies (also by Wilson). Thanks Kramerica for the lend, and thanks Norrin's lawyer for forwarding these to me. These help these very long, boring days move much faster! Repairman Jack is an awesome character!! Real page turners :headbang:

Many pages back I mentioned the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. It is a long series though. They just announced the release date for book 15 this May. Book one and two are only okay, but from book three on you won't be able to put them down until the end.

Somehow I never read any Dresden Files, but I finally got exposed to it through "Dangerous Women".

The 5th story in the collection is “Bombshells” by Jim Butcher, starring Dresden's young female protégé. Man, it was so fresh and imaginative, so I did research to see where she entered the series and started there... Dresden Files # 8 "Proven Guilty".

It was the perfect jumping on point and one hell of a tale. (thumbs u I'm thoroughly hooked now. :cloud9:

And if anyone's looking for new authors to explore, grab "Dangerous Women". It covers all genres and lots of popular authors. I'm almost through it and have enjoyed every story so far.

220px-Dangerous_Women_2013-1st_ed._cover.jpgProven_Guilty.jpg

I'm close to finishing The Tomb by F. Paul Wilson and will then move on to Legacies (also by Wilson). Thanks Kramerica for the lend, and thanks Norrin's lawyer for forwarding these to me. These help these very long, boring days move much faster! Repairman Jack is an awesome character!! Real page turners :headbang:

:banana:

People have no idea what they're missing! I'd love to get more Brothers & Sisters of the Boards into Repairman Jack!

220px-Dangerous_Women_2013-1st_ed._cover.jpgProven_Guilty.jpg

I am reading Dangerous Women. I got it mainly for the Game of Thrones story (meh) and the Butcher short (loved it).

Also really liked "Shadows for Silence in the Forest of Hell".

If you are looking for another Dresden book and don't care about sequence, I highly recommend Dead Beat!

Re-reading "House of Chains", book 4 of The Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson for the third time.

For anyone who hasn't read this series and enjoys adult fantasy at a challenging level I highly recommend it.

You are not kidding. Mark introduced me to Repairman Jack, and he is one of my favorite characters I have encountered. Highly recommended ! Prepare yourself for a night without sleep, because once you are in the book it is impossible to put down.

:banana:

People have no idea what they're missing! I'd love to get more Brothers & Sisters of the Boards into Repairman Jack!

Finished Code Red: How to Protect Your Savings From the Coming Crisis by John Mauldin and Jonathan Tepper last month. Pretty good overview of how we got into the current economic/financial mess we're in (and shows pretty definitively how central bankers are utterly clueless), though it was a bit light on suggestions about what to do with your money.

I'm currently a little more than halfway through Of Dice and Men: The Story of Dungeons & Dragons and The People Who Play It by David M. Ewalt. As a former D&D nut from roughly 5th grade to 9th grade, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. :banana: