• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

In the past week I've finished book five of A Song of Fire and Ice by George R R Martin and also The Killing Floor by Lee Child.

I really enjoyed both... and I'm saddened by the wait for Book 6 of A Song of Fire and Ice.

Last night I picked up World War Z on the Kindle store for tree fiddy, so I'm gonna give that a crack next.

I'm reading Truman by David McCullough. For some reason, I had always considered Harry Truman a place-holder between Roosevelt and Eisenhower. It turns out that he was an amazing man who was the world's linchpin many times through his presidency. Really, really good book!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FC0VVQ/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title

In the past week I've finished book five of A Song of Fire and Ice by George R R Martin and also The Killing Floor by Lee Child.

I really enjoyed both... and I'm saddened by the wait for Book 6 of A Song of Fire and Ice.

Last night I picked up World War Z on the Kindle store for tree fiddy, so I'm gonna give that a crack next.

Wow that is a ton of reading in 1week, I believe book 5 was close to 1,200 pages. Btw the reacher series by lee child is my favorite series

If anyone here has heard of or read this book, I'm gonna be shocked !! It's called "Bagdad without a map" by Tony Horwitz. Excellent journals of the travels through the middle east during the 90's. I love this book and can pick it up at any time and just open it up to any page and start reading. Don't know why..... it just captures me that way

Abaddon's Gate by James S.A. Corey. Last book in 'The Expanse' trilogy. Really hate to see it end. :( Great series. :cloud9:

Bad Blood by John Sandford. My go-to author for "can't put down" thrillers. Never disappoints. 4th entry of the Virgil Flowers series.

The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi. Hundred pages in to this bizarre future-world. Have to see where it goes...

12591719.jpg7713965.jpg6597651.jpg

Just finished "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor" by Bruce Campbell and just started in on "They Thirst" by Robert McCammon.

Was "If chins could kill" any good? I was listening to the This American Life Archives the other day and the publisher who came up with the idea for the book was very interesting and he made Bruce Campbell sound appealing.

I am currently reading Descartes: A Collection of Critical Essays Compiled by Willis Doney. It is good.