• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

I’ve had a lot of time off lately, I finished Grapes of Wrath a few weeks ago (was not a fan)

Then I read the first two books of the Thrawn Ascendency Trilogy followed by Lord of the Flies.

Now I think I’m going to start the third book of Thrawn Ascendency

On 12/29/2021 at 1:42 AM, Rockyjo3 said:

I’ve had a lot of time off lately, I finished Grapes of Wrath a few weeks ago (was not a fan)

Then I read the first two books of the Thrawn Ascendency Trilogy followed by Lord of the Flies.

I just started the new Thrawn book. It picks up right after book 2, so don't wait, or you'll forget stuff like I did.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:36 AM, srezvan said:

I just started the new Thrawn book. It picks up right after book 2, so don't wait, or you'll forget stuff like I did.

Thanks that’s good to know, I’m looking forward to reading it. Maybe I’ll try and start it today 

On 12/31/2021 at 12:50 AM, alexgross.com said:

loving this. also read his bio of led zeppelin which was great. 

B6891704-6E51-40AF-A355-29714DB95038.jpeg

Rock star biographies are among my favorites. I realized recently how little I know about Janis, and plan to find one about her soon. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 12/28/2021 at 11:42 PM, Rockyjo3 said:

Just finished a few books and Lord of the Flies was one of them.

I just finished "The Hollow Needle" by George Cox. Murder mystery set in a mansion, where a giant of industry was murdered the day before his will was to be read. A newspaper photographer has been called in to witness the reading, with the odd instruction that only one photo can be taken. He senses something fishy is afloat and the mystery deepens as his negative of the photo is stolen, as he incurs a thump on the head.

scan0742.jpg

AI 2041.

It is a collection of fictional stories, each one followed by an analysis, that predict how far the integration of technology and humanity will evolve over the next two decades. The stories are cliched, characters flat, writing uninspired, but the technology that may be coming our way is a combination of amazing and terrifying.

Recently read

Leviathan Falls- 9th book in the Expanse series(it's over :cry: )
Station 13- in advance of watching the HBO Max show.  Book was published in 2014, perfect timing for 2020/2021 situation