• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesome deal!

18 posts in this topic

NM 9.4 lists @ $30

Check his feedback...his 1st comic sell seems to be an AF #15 MINT!!!! to a wonderfully happy shill. "picture shown is not actual picture of book" . I guess the shill was happy to spend $5.000 on a reprint or something or other. tongue.gif

Im thinking it was the seller who changed his mind and bought his own book... 2 bids going from $20 all the way up to $350! Somethings rotten in Denmark... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell is freezing over and an asteroid is going to hit the planet any day now. I can't believe that. It must be a joke, right????????

This is nuts. This is 'almost' as nuts as my HOM 185 purchase--at least it was a pedigree and CGC'd. foreheadslap.gif

Guys...the winner (sullinurchin) has already left feedback..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and the buyer of the spidey also has already left feedback.

Can you spell shill.

I don't get it. I understand how having shills drive up the bidding against a real bidder/winner can benefit a seller, but how does having a shill win a transaction benefit the seller? Doesn't he now have to pay eBay's listing and success fees, but he still has the book and has of course received no payment?

Yea, definitely looks like he's laying a foundation of "history of great transactions/feedbacks" to point to later on when he tries to make a killing on future, uh...endeavors. tongue.gif

At least he's being shrewed and subtle about it. makepoint.gif

Rick

Hmm, bogus sellers are getting more sophisticated. They used to do a bunch of dollar sales to build up their feedback before launching some major scheme. Does anyone remember the Music City collection that some conman was trying to sell on eBay, a few years ago? His auctions smelled to heaven, but the books he was offering were so enticing that several BSDs spent quite a bit of time trying to do their due diligence on the guy before finally pulling out because it was just too fishy.