• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR 26 CGC 9.4

202 posts in this topic

Boardies, as the original threadcrapper in this thread I feel the need to comment.

I agree that a Seller should be able to ask whatever he wants, however, when he adds this comment,'here is one of the books she wants to let go at a lower price for fellow boardies', he is opening up another door. He is no longer just asking for a certain price but implying (I actually read it as stating) that there is a discount here for Board Members. With that comment my sense of community kicked in, overshadowing my respect of etiquette.

In the future, I will obviously never do this again. I had good intentions and still feel I did the right thing but obviously, based on your comments, it appears I was wrong.

Bob, you said what a lot of us were thinking. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

Boardies, as the original threadcrapper in this thread I feel the need to comment.

I agree that a Seller should be able to ask whatever he wants, however, when he adds this comment,'here is one of the books she wants to let go at a lower price for fellow boardies', he is opening up another door. He is no longer just asking for a certain price but implying (I actually read it as stating) that there is a discount here for Board Members. With that comment my sense of community kicked in, overshadowing my respect of etiquette.

In the future, I will obviously never do this again. I had good intentions and still feel I did the right thing but obviously, based on your comments, it appears I was wrong.

Bob, you said what a lot of us were thinking. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

+1

I just don't see the story as a sob story so maybe I see it differently than a few of you.

Nobody is buying an $11K book to make his daughter feel better. I just saw it as a backstory.

(shrug)

+1

+2

Even more humorous is that after opening Pandora's Box with his first disingenuous post, the OP announces THREAD CLOSED in an attempt to silence the crowd who was on to him.

Nice try.

Can I make any personal or ridiculous claim without fear of reprisal because it's a sales thread ? IMHO, no you cannot.

This book was just purchased 6 weeks ago for 3,777. Please don't try and pass off this sale as an act of kindness for a little girl and goodwill toward Board members. It's a flip for triple your money in 6 weeks.

Your original post was inappropriate in that the OP did not claim this book was being posted as an "act of kindness for a little girl", in fact he clearly stated the purpose was "Let's buy some some comics and make some money.", which, if the book is overpriced, won't happen here(regardless of what he paid). You can't call his claimed discounted price as a lack of goodwill toward Board members because you don't have the ebay price as a reference- the board offered price may have well have been substantially less. It still doesn't matter what he paid for the book or what his profit margin is.

You can disagree with his price, comment on what he decided to do with settlement money involving an accident with his daughter, but criticizing him on a triple your money flip in six weeks is threadcrapping that is not necessary and if deemed acceptable sets a dangerous precedent.

Realizing I am spooning in somebody sales thread, something I don't normally approve of, I feel it must be stated in the spirit of maintining integrity of Board Sales. This book was just purchased 6 weeks ago for 3,777. Please don't try and pass off this sale as an act of kindness for a little girl and goodwill toward Board members. It's a flip for triple your money in 6 weeks.

Totally inappropriate. OP's first post gave information(maybe too much) on source of funds for the purchase of the book, never asked for consideration of "kindness" towards his daughter- just offering first shot at a book that has a recent spike in price. He does not have to justify his profit margin to the board, it will either sell or it won't. What he paid is irrelevant.

Books being offered due to price spikes based on recent sales happen on a daily basis, whether it be the Showcase 22 craze, additional Archie #1s being offered after the first sale, or modern books(Cursed Pirate Girl comes to mind). Unless we are going to require sellers to post when & what they paid for each book, commenting in the sales thread in this manner should not be acceptable.

I agree that the OP's purchase price is as relative as how the weather when he purchased it.

(thumbs u

Roy and I actually agree. Probably just because Andy made the statement and not Roy.

It should be noted for the record the most significant thing to come from this thread was that Pat made a funny.

criticizing him on a triple your money flip in six weeks is threadcrapping that is not necessary and if deemed acceptable sets a dangerous precedent.

Indeed. If sanity and full disclosure were to enter the high grade CGC market the effects could be devastating.

criticizing him on a triple your money flip in six weeks is threadcrapping that is not necessary and if deemed acceptable sets a dangerous precedent.

Indeed. If sanity and full disclosure were to enter the high grade CGC market the effects could be devastating.

That would make a great sig line quote, but not even related to the issue at hand. We are discussing sales thread courtesy, the insanity of the HG CGC market is a entirely different animal.

Yes, and as to precedent, the next thing you know, the marketplace forum would be filled with dealers . . . meh

the OP did not claim this book was being posted as an "act of kindness for a little girl", in fact he clearly stated the purpose was "Let's buy some some comics and make some money."

I must've read a different post . . . :grin:

My daughter fell last year and got a 4 inch gash in her head, she is ok now, I got a settlement with the insurance company of where she fell. I said, "Abby, what do you want to do with your money?" She said, "Let's buy some some comics and make some money."

That would make a great sig line quote, but not even related to the issue at hand. We are discussing sales thread courtesy, the insanity of the HG CGC market is a entirely different animal.

I saw the OP as just that, insanity in the HG CGC market. I had no problem with the post calling it out. I say we could use more posts like that. I know that opinion isn't popular and I'm not trying to change anyones mind on the matter. I just think it's time for folks that share your opinion to drop it. We've heard both sides, let's move on.

Besides, if we agreed with each other then we would both be wrong. :insane:

I saw the OP as just that, insanity in the HG CGC market. I had no problem with the post calling it out. I say we could use more posts like that. I know that opinion isn't popular and I'm not trying to change anyones mind on the matter. I just think it's time for folks that share your opinion to drop it. We've heard both sides, let's move on.

Besides, if we agreed with each other then we would both be wrong. :insane:

I'll agree to that! (thumbs u

What would we all do if someone posted on here that they would like to trade one hour with their wife, for an ASM 28 in CGC 9.0?

This post is useless without pics.

(worship)

DR.X

I'd be asking for A LOT more than a 9.0 ASM 28 (thumbs u

Now, the 9.4 Avengers #1 that just sold on Comiclink.... hm

:roflmao:

butt1.jpg

I don't deny your wife's hotness, but let's not get carried away. That's harem $$$$. lol

How about a 9.2 Avengers #1 then??? ;)

Maybe we need a Decepticon recap here? hm
No, I say we need the whole thread summarized from start to here with only graemlins.

Wow! I agree to the whole 'it's his book, he can ask for ONE BILLION DOLLARS ( Dr.Evil voice )' if he'd like and if one doesn't like it or want it, move on. I also believe whatever he paid for it is irrelevent, again it is his book to do with as he pleases. Personally I thought the price was high myself ( I have that book ) but again, that is his business. My 9 cents in the matter.

What would we all do if someone posted on here that they would like to trade one hour with their wife, for an ASM 28 in CGC 9.0?

This post is useless without pics.

I have a hot wife.....who has a CGC 9.0 ASM #28? C/OW will be fine too!

:gossip: Just kidding......

about the C/OW part. :devil: