• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR 26 CGC 9.4

202 posts in this topic

So why not start a new thread in Comics General or somewhere else? Then you can still say whatever you want about the book and warn fellow boardies. (shrug)

Warn people about what? Your post implies there was something unethical going on and there wasn't.

The price may be expensive to some but it's just an asking price.

(shrug)

Maybe a better investment would be a college fund.

Considering the market fluctuations and the misleading structure of the age based portfolios offered by many 529s as well as the management and 12-b 1 fees that continually eat away at returns and compound losses in down years, maybe funny books aren't a bad alternative. (shrug)

So why not start a new thread in Comics General or somewhere else? Then you can still say whatever you want about the book and warn fellow boardies. (shrug)

Warn people about what? Your post implies there was something unethical going on and there wasn't.

The price may be expensive to some but it's just an asking price.

(shrug)

There is already a Forum Only Selling Area Discussion Thread available. It is to keep this area clean. I am just as guilty as the rest of you for posting here.

Dan

Realizing I am spooning in somebody sales thread, something I don't normally approve of, I feel it must be stated in the spirit of maintining integrity of Board Sales. This book was just purchased 6 weeks ago for 3,777. Please don't try and pass off this sale as an act of kindness for a little girl and goodwill toward Board members. It's a flip for triple your money in 6 weeks.

I dont know who this guy is, and it doesn't matter. This is bad form in a sales thread. You are allowed to ask any price you want for any book you want. This guy may be the worlds worst, or he may be just what he says he is, but it really shouldn't matter.

Since the topic is closed, I figure it is OK to comment now. I would have to say a big thank you to bomber-bob on this one. If the book was just posted with an asking price, I think Dale may have a point. :juggle: However, there was a nice story put forward in the post and an implication that "a lower price" was being offered as a favor to the boards before father and daughter tried their hand at eBay. With what seems to be a disingenuous story at best, I feel the comment was more than appropriate.

+1

No one here is against the free market, but people see this as a community. And putting up a book at over 2 1/2 times the price you paid 2 months later isn't very community-friendly - it's outright greedy. Especially if it's coming from someone who rarely posts and does not have any history as a seller.

Guy just bought an Action 10 for $200.00 on Ebay in the area of G condition. The book will be worth substantially more, if it is sold for more then $500.00 by the new owner, then what?

Then there's no problem. But if Bob says his $5K asking price was chosen to teach his injured daughter about free enterprise, I'll be the first to bust on him for it. :roflmao:

The girl came into money and he wants to teach her to make more. Makes sense to me. I really dont think he has done anything wrong. The Threadkrapping however IS wrong. There are over priced books offered here everyday, should we point all of them out? Should we make it so nobody wants to sell here. And this isnt really directed at you John, but this is NOT the way these forums should or have ever been policed.

The OP should be able to ask whatever he wants for the book. However, the asking price will illicit a response. Even if the response is an internal "what a tool". To be taken seriously, and I think that's what the issue really is here the price would have to be closer to what recorded sales have been. He could have asked $1,000,000.00 for the book and been within his rights to do so. he would look foolish, but that is his doing.

Maybe a better investment would be a college fund.

Considering the market fluctuations and the misleading structure of the age based portfolios offered by many 529s as well as the management and 12-b 1 fees that continually eat away at returns and compound losses in down years, maybe funny books aren't a bad alternative (shrug)

I wish I would have had bought more key issues instead of stocks. With the losse's I took after 9/11 and the banking scam, I could have bought a house near Joey and paid cash for it. :cry:

DR.X

Where exactly is this "rule" about "thou shalt not krap someones selling thread"?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Because if it is just an understood unwritten rule, then there is no rule.

If it is just common decency, then I must say that common decency went out the window many many years ago. This is the internet.

If it is a fluid, unwritten, undefined thing, policed by members of this forum, then that is exactly what happened. The system works. :)

What would we all do if someone posted on here that they would like to trade one hour with their wife, for an ASM 28 in CGC 9.0? Would we stand by without commenting?

You know we would not.

I submit that it is not justifiable to krap in someones "for sale" thread normally. But that there are exceptions. Rare for sure, but sometimes justified.

C'mon. You guys know that when you first saw this threads original posting, you wanted to post this: :roflmao:

If you didn't, you are too serious, and don't know much about comic books.

I wish the little girl (assuming she is little) luck in whatever she does. I think that daddy should get her a subscription to GPA as a birthday present.

What would we all do if someone posted on here that they would like to trade one hour with their wife, for an ASM 28 in CGC 9.0?

This post is useless without pics.

(worship)

DR.X

What would we all do if someone posted on here that they would like to trade one hour with their wife, for an ASM 28 in CGC 9.0?

(worship)

DR.X

I'd be asking for A LOT more than a 9.0 ASM 28 (thumbs u

Now, the 9.4 Avengers #1 that just sold on Comiclink.... hm

:roflmao:

butt1.jpg

(worship)

DR.X

butt1.jpg

Now this post has legs!

(worship)

DR.X

butt1.jpg

Before I make an offer and to to make sure you have this product in hand,could you write the time and date on a piece of paper and put it next to it and take another pic.

No rules were broken in the thread. In an unmoderated ( which is very strange ) selling forum 'threadpooping' is the communities only way to police/defend itself. It should happen more IMO.

Realizing I am spooning in somebody sales thread, something I don't normally approve of, I feel it must be stated in the spirit of maintining integrity of Board Sales. This book was just purchased 6 weeks ago for 3,777. Please don't try and pass off this sale as an act of kindness for a little girl and goodwill toward Board members. It's a flip for triple your money in 6 weeks.

I dont know who this guy is, and it doesn't matter. This is bad form in a sales thread. You are allowed to ask any price you want for any book you want. This guy may be the worlds worst, or he may be just what he says he is, but it really shouldn't matter.

Since the topic is closed, I figure it is OK to comment now. I would have to say a big thank you to bomber-bob on this one. If the book was just posted with an asking price, I think Dale may have a point. :juggle: However, there was a nice story put forward in the post and an implication that "a lower price" was being offered as a favor to the boards before father and daughter tried their hand at eBay. With what seems to be a disingenuous story at best, I feel the comment was more than appropriate.

+1

No one here is against the free market, but people see this as a community. And putting up a book at over 2 1/2 times the price you paid 2 months later isn't very community-friendly - it's outright greedy. Especially if it's coming from someone who rarely posts and does not have any history as a seller.

lol Got any Archie #1's for sale? :roflmao:

No rules were broken in the thread. In an unmoderated ( which is very strange ) selling forum 'threadpooping' is the communities only way to police/defend itself. It should happen more IMO.

Here's the problem with this though....who gets to be the police, whose moral compass are we all supposed to abide by, and will that person be ready for the ramifications when an accusation is proven baseless or threadkrap goes astray?

The answer to the last one is no...there will be no ramifications, which is why it isn't done in the first place to a fellow Boardie. Its the age-old question of whether bending the rules to send 10 guilty men to prison is worth it if it means sending an innocent one as well.

We're all grown-ups here (well, some of us).....if you were really need "protection" in the form of a threadkrap to save you from paying $11k for a book that normally sells for $4k, my advice to you is to become far better educated about this hobby. That book wasn't going to sell to anyone on these boards, and while I did find the OPs initial post questionable, he has every right to ask what he wants to for a price he wants to, and not have his sales thread be krapped on.

Frankly, I'm a little sick of the attendant sob-stories that are appearing more and more often in sales threads around here. Hospital trips, vet bills, personal tragedies, etc. I think there should be a rule against pseudo-humanizing-pimping . . . :insane:

Just put the books up for sale and leave the tear-jerking out of it.

Frankly, I'm a little sick of the attendant sob-stories that are appearing more and more often in sales threads around here. Hospital trips, vet bills, personal tragedies, etc. I think there should be a rule against pseudo-humanizing-pimping . . . :insane:

Just put the books up for sale and leave the tear-jerking out of it.

Plus 1