• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarcest Centaurs?

142 posts in this topic

Another tough one (my personal favorite Centaur), and some interior shots...

52.jpg

A beauty Ryan!!!! :applause:

I'd have to say that this is probably my personal favorite Centaur too. :cloud9:

I was chatting with Alanna about this recently (favorite Centaur covers and scarcity), and the idea came up of a thread with a run-off of the best Centaur covers. I told Alanna my pick would be AMF 2/5...Others might disagree, but it would be interesting to see how they rank....(among Board Members).

:baiting:

hm

By the way when are going to sell that undercopy????? :wishluck:

I was chatting with Alanna about this recently (favorite Centaur covers and scarcity), and the idea came up of a thread with a run-off of the best Centaur covers. I told Alanna my pick would be AMF 2/5...Others might disagree, but it would be interesting to see how they rank....(among Board Members).

hm

By the way when are going to sell that undercopy????? :wishluck:

Sorry Blind Owl, but I sold off my AMF 2/5 undercopy long ago, to a certain member of these boards. You get a no prize if you guess the boardie correctly!

I took this group shot below a while back... the top row are my favorite Centaurs (no particular order), and the second row are my next top five picks. I've happily been able to upgrade a few of these issues since the photo was taken.

(might have to change the above statement from "the top row are my favorite Centaurs" to "the top row are my favorite comics of all time". In terms of covers and interior artwork, these books have some amazing content and history!)

centaurgrouppost.jpg

Ryan has good taste (thumbs u

A couple of Centaurs not necessarily scarce, but cool...

amf2-10.jpg

amf2-11.jpg

Thought I'd post this book again because I really don't see many copies of this issue (I only know of 4 other copies, I'm sure there are many more out there...but who has them, if you have one...post it. (shrug)

arrow2-1.jpg

Also I thought I would mention that issue #3 is the toughest issue of the three Arrows ( I don't have one :cry:) after years of compiling info on these. Even tougher than #2 (which is tough).

So that means that issue #1 is actually the most common issue, and it was given a "Gerber 8" designation by Ernie Gerber. I think #1 should be a Gerber 7 (I've seen about 15 different copies), and maybe both #2 & #3 should be Gerber 8's.????. hm

This is just my opinion of what I've seen over a long period of time, I would love to be proven wrong. So any VALIDATED info on these three issues would be appreciated. (thumbs u

Thought I'd post this book again because I really don't see many copies of this issue (I only know of 4 other copies, I'm sure there are many more out there...but who has them, if you have one...post it. (shrug)

arrow2-1.jpg

Also I thought I would mention that issue #3 is the toughest issue of the three Arrows ( I don't have one :cry:) after years of compiling info on these. Even tougher than #2 (which is tough).

So that means that issue #1 is actually the most common issue, and it was given a "Gerber 8" designation by Ernie Gerber. I think #1 should be a Gerber 7 (I've seen about 15 different copies), and maybe both #2 & #3 should be Gerber 8's.????. hm

This is just my opinion of what I've seen over a long period of time, I would love to be proven wrong. So any VALIDATED info on these three issues would be appreciated. (thumbs u

I agree with you, Joe - I do own an Arrow 1, used to own an Arrow 2 (VG+), and have never owned an Arrow 3 (scarce).

I'm on the hunt right now for the oversized Star Comics, and several of those are turning out to be very tough.

arrow2-1.jpg

That's an awesome book. I really like the art on that cover. :headbang:

Hi Steve, I think that the Star Comics run is the 3rd most difficult "longer Centaur run" (more than 10 issues), to complete. The other two would be Keen Detective Funnies, and Amazing Man.

Just wondering if you are going to try and complete the run and go after the books later than the Sept. 1937 issue??? hm

Good Luck on finding them!!! :wishluck:

arrow2-1.jpg

That's an awesome book. I really like the art on that cover. :headbang:

Thanks Diego!!!! I think it's one of Lubber's Best!!! (thumbs u

Just wondering if you are going to try and complete the run and go after the books later than the Sept. 1937 issue??? hm

I have pretty much given up on runs, just enjoy picking up issues I don't have.

Have gotten in the oversized mood (I don't have any Star Rangers), so just looking for any copies (even low grade) right now...