• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarcest Centaurs?

142 posts in this topic

FP40.jpg
very nice...was the only FP arrow to elude me...I had sold off run before the Pinnacle hill copy came up, or I would have had it :devil:

Yes, this is wonderful. Since you didnt have one, gator, I assume it must be super tough!

The last one for me. 40 & 41 seem to be equally tough.

I love the over-sized books!!!!

They are extremely tough in higher-grades... :(

I know you like high-grade, white-page books...that will be difficult. hm

But not impossible...

StarRanger1.jpg

Ohhhhh!!!!!!! Where have you been hiding this!!!!!! :o:o:o

I don't remember ever seeing this scan before!!!!!! hm(worship)

Wow!!!! More info if you want to share some....even PM me!!!!

Was this RHG old copy?????

I believe I have posted it before but it is RHG's former copy that he let go in a moment of extreme generosity.

I thought it might be RHG's old copy. hm

I remember that his copy was the finest Star Ranger #1 I ever saw... :cloud9:

The "Windy City" copy is a decent copy too (I think Rick had that one)...but this copy so far is the nicest one I can think of....Congrats on stealing it away!!!! lol

I was just going to post that - when I saw this. The WC is a beauty!

They are extremely tough in higher-grades... :(

I know you like high-grade, white-page books...that will be difficult. hm

But not impossible...

StarRanger1.jpg

Pretty... :cloud9:

I have, as many know, been able to assemble all the Comic Magazine-Ultem-Chesler-Centaurs and 'post Centaurs...

110169.jpg.af5892ca609a3daf3386882029de6278.jpg

110170.jpg.9b4bbfdf862fa60c9701dacd1d8535c5.jpg

110171.jpg.a67df06f2881f146c8148fd064a21d0e.jpg

110172.jpg.25918233d611d665cc715ab1dcda00d2.jpg

110173.jpg.cd0060eae9ff0de9222c0f2095461036.jpg

Unfortunately...I found that this copy has a sealed spine split....so i am selling it.....

Still a VERY cool book, Joe (D ick Ryan cover) - I have the Church or I'd be sending you a PM.

I have, as many know, been able to assemble all the Comic Magazine-Ultem-Chesler-Centaurs and 'post Centaurs...

Jon...your collection is peerless....(unmatched...simply an amazing collection.... (worship)

Just like Star Ranger #6 (very tough)....I rarely see Star Comics #6 either....and the original art too...off the charts!!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

This book is listed as Rare, but my experience says Scarce instead (still one of my Top 10 favorite Centaurs):

A Boardie now owns the copy on the right...

000_0284.jpg

If anybody cares, my research shows the highest graded copy is a VF non ped, and I have verified the Church copy is "only" a FN, with slight dab glue on spine,

2c

This book is listed as Rare, but my experience says Scarce instead (still one of my Top 10 favorite Centaurs):

A Boardie now owns the copy on the right...

000_0284.jpg

If anybody cares, my research shows the highest graded copy is a VF non ped, and I have verified the Church copy is "only" a FN, with slight dab glue on spine,

2c

JB has the Larson, and my collection copy on the left is the Claire Moe (the artist died in the 70's and the collection surfaced in the early 80's). If CGC'd, it estimate an (8.5) Blue.

Moe is probably best known Centaur-wise for the "Circus and Sue" strip, and for incorrectly being credited with the cover to Marvel Mystery 2.

I've seen the artist attributed to being both Male and Female?

The early Gustavson Arrow work is not as finely drawn as are his later efforts, but I really enjoy the raw power of his draftsmanship:

000_0275.jpg

Great books Steve, (thumbs u one of my favortie FP covers. Not that anybody cares, but the Church copy is a straight up 9.4 Blue, and sold recently on CC, for an "only" astounding 1.5X (ish) times guide!

B