• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarcest Centaurs?

142 posts in this topic

The early Gustavson Arrow work is not as finely drawn as are his later efforts, but I really enjoy the raw power of his draftsmanship:

000_0275.jpg

Great books Steve, (thumbs u one of my favortie FP covers. B.

Thnx B.! (I should have mentioned that a Boardie now owns the copy on the left).

What about that Amazing Mystery Funnies (at least I think it was AMF) that used tan Amazing-Man cover that Mark Wilson discovered several years back?

I never figured out what that one was. Dave Alexander (OK) had it for a while.

"AMF 1.2 (though Metro had the Church copy up for sale for awhile I think"

AMF2MH.jpg

when I was putting this run together, I only found this issue at metro (this very same MH copy)... since then, I have seen maybe 3 others for sale...

Since buying this from GAtor, I have owned an additional VG copy, which have since sold to Mr. Prehero, (worship) (who buy the way, has some unreal Centaurs, if he wish to share).

I have heard of one other collector who has the other highest graded copy FVF, somewhere in the midwest, via Steve Centaur,B

I've seen the scan of the book, and it is nice.

Mine is not quite as nice, but obviously glad to have one...

100_0913.jpg

Regarding the final issues of KDF, it's been my experience that the last issue (#24) is actually the most common (it's listed as "scarce" in the Guide).

This is the one that I've probably seen the least over the past 30 years:

100_1235.jpg

Regarding the final issues of KDF, it's been my experience that the last issue (#24) is actually the most common (it's listed as "scarce" in the Guide).

This is the one that I've probably seen the least over the past 30 years:

100_1235.jpg

I think this is one of scarest of the entire run....very nice... (worship)

Others would be (as mentioned) #10 (actually #3)...also #9 (#2), I also think 2/4 is scarce (I sold one last year).

In my opinion the 1st 4 or 5 issues of (KDF) are tough books. I also think from 2/4 to 2/8 are also tough. 2/9 is the easiest.

Nice to see books like this posted here.... :headbang:

I pretty much agree, Joe.

KDF 2/9 is a cool book, but it is rather common. I've seen multiple KDF 2/1's (issue 5) as well, though not as many as 2/9. So the first 4 issues of KDF are indeed tough.

I used to own the Larson KDF 2/4; I think a Boardie has it now (boy oh boy, would I love to have that book back). I enjoy Ken Ernst's art.

I also used to own the Larson KDF 2/6 too; it's lower grade (water damaged).

I've never owned a KDF 2/8, having only seen maybe 2 low grade copies over the years. 2nd Masked Marvel!

Here's a book I really enjoy, and it probably qualifies as scarce:

100_1233.jpg

I picked this up long ago from America's Former #1 Comic Book Dealer - with undisclosed restoration (slight color touch) of course - but I couldn't bring myself to purge it from my collection as it's the 1st Masked Marvel and it has incredible bone white pages.

Very cool book (Gerber 8, Guide Scarce):

100_0891.jpg

I picked this up long ago from America's Former #1 Comic Book Dealer - with undisclosed restoration (slight color touch) of course - but I couldn't bring myself to purge it from my collection as it's the 1st Masked Marvel and it has incredible bone white pages.

100_0891.jpg

That's a beauty....very special book....and also a book not usually easily available.

Here's is my KDF 2/4...a very scarce book too...but not a pedigree like your copy.

KDF2-4.jpg

100_0891.jpg

The glossinator! :cloud9: