• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

I would sure like to own an Action #12

Me too, Mike. I kick myself sometimes... an affordable one has come up (very) occasionally in past years but the timing just wasn't there. :(

I see two low grade, unrestored copies are coming up at Heritage soon.

I would sure like to own an Action #12

Me too, Mike. I kick myself sometimes... an affordable one has come up (very) occasionally in past years but the timing just wasn't there. :(

I see two low grade, unrestored copies are coming up at Heritage soon.

They're affordable now, but they won't be once bidding starts. lol

Thanks for the tip!

Ok, I can officially become a member of this exclusive club. One question, according to the comic book database Sheldon Moldoff provided a one page filler story in this issue....should I get him to sign this book?

ActionComics_2_CGC_50_GA.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)

One of the most underrated books in our entire hobby IMHO.

Congratulations! :applause:

Ok, I can officially become a member of this exclusive club. One question, according to the comic book database Sheldon Moldoff provided a one page filler story in this issue....should I get him to sign this book?

congrats Vaughn!! I know how long you've been wanting to get this book. :applause:

I have said this many times...

But the 2nd appearence of Superman is (to me) more important than the 1st appearences of most other characters. :cloud9:

Not only that, but this book builds off of and concludes the story from Action Comics #1; so it's not just some random 2nd appearence tale.

The cover to Action Comics #2 may not be a Superman cover, but it's classic in its own right.

Only 25 copies have ever been certified by CGC period; it's just incredible.

This is a phenomenal acquisition Vaughn! :applause:

Thanks fellas! You should see the book in hand, looks much better than a 5.0 Swapto is one of the best guys around, he even sold me this at the price he paid!

:golfclap:

I take it this has been a book you've been after for a while?

Thanks fellas! You should see the book in hand, looks much better than a 5.0 Swapto is one of the best guys around, he even sold me this at the price he paid!

Wow, that has to be the biggest parachute cover out there. :o

Congratulations, seriously. I bet you are thrilled.

Beautiful book!

Regarding getting Moldoff to sign, I would be cautious about doing so as he was not a significant contributor to the book. If signed on the cover just be aware that it might actually adversely affect resale value.

:blush:

:applause:

Congratulations, this book belongs in your collection. It's awesome that you finally got a beautiful copy!