• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

Finally got this today... :cloud9:

Seemed like this took forever!

action15med.jpg

action15bkmed.jpg

Even though it's a Restored label, I really don't mind.

This issue has been like a 'mini-grail' to me since I first ran across one years ago!

I just absolutely love the rendition of Superman here and later I learned that Fred Guardineer graduated from Syracuse University in 1935 and loved SU sports! :banana:

(I just saw that there's another copy coming up soon... a 1.8 Universal :o )

I want to extend another big thank you to ComicDonna whom I was able to talk to prior to purchasing this!

Thanks again Mike! :)

action15med.jpg

action15bkmed.jpg

This issue has been like a 'mini-grail' to me since I first ran across one years ago!

I just absolutely love the rendition of Superman here and later I learned that Fred Guardineer graduated from Syracuse University in 1935 and loved SU sports! :banana:

I want to extend another big thank you to ComicDonna whom I was able to talk to prior to purchasing this!

Love it, congrats! :applause:

action15med.jpg

action15bkmed.jpg

Love it, congrats! :applause:

Nice! :applause:

Recently I have been fortunate enough to acquire two incredible pieces in the "incomplete-grail" department.

Though it has often been said, there truly is no "grail" greater then Action Comics #1.

Pictured below is the iconic Splash Page that features the very 1st appearence of Zatara. (worship)

mine62.jpg

mine64.jpg

For those who have thumbed through a Famous First Edition of Action Comics #1, the imagery of all the classic pages tends to stick with you. After the Origin and 1st appearence of Superman (naturally), the 1st appearence of Zatara stands tall as being one of the many things that made Action Comics #1 the greatest comic book in the history of our hobby.

Pretty cool to be able to hold such an iconic piece of history in your hands. :cloud9:

I saw that Action 13 in the glass case at the Chicago Con. Absolutely awesome book that looks better than the grade assigned. :applause:

Would you happen to remember what kind of price they was asking for the book? hm

I don't think there was a price listed, and I didn't ask. It's so far out of my price range that I didn't want to waste anyones time. :)

35K cash and trade was kicked around but no sale,

B

Sounds as though the AC copy certainly did have an impact on the asking price for this copy.

Pretty agressive asking price for a 4.0 copy at what basically amounts to almost 10X condition guide versus only a bit over 6X guide for the highest graded 9.2 AC copy. :o

Sounds as though it's getting more expensive the lower down you go in grade. No surprise as to the no sale end result.

B

Sounds as though the AC copy certainly did have an impact on the asking price for this copy.

Pretty agressive asking price for a 4.0 copy at what basically amounts to almost 10X condition guide versus only a bit over 6X guide for the highest graded 9.2 AC copy. :o

Sounds as though it's getting more expensive the lower down you go in grade. No surprise as to the no sale end result.

Actually the negotiations were cut off by the seller, as he ( I ) really does not want to sell the book at this time, so the chance of a sale was better, than not, IMHO,

B

B

Actually the negotiations were cut off by the seller, as he ( I ) really does not want to sell the book at this time, so the chance of a sale was better, than not, IMHO,

B

and the price range was actually determined before the AC copy ever even came to market (thumbs u