• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

I'd leave it just as it is.

I've definitely debated it, but I feel like it needs conservation since it's such a historical book. I'm not concerned about any loss of resale value as a PLOD, this is never leaving my collection as far as I can see.

I'd leave it just as it is.

I've definitely debated it, but I feel like it needs conservation since it's such a historical book. I'm not concerned about any loss of resale value as a PLOD, this is never leaving my collection as far as I can see.

Super cool pick up Illustrious. And FWIW I would leave it as is as well. It should be sufficiently preserved in the slab.

-J.

I finally got some decent scans of this, I'm going to have the pages washed and casted, and the reproduction cover Fedoraman made me will be attached:

0501141157461.jpg

0501141204401.jpg

Fedoraman makes some incredible reproduction covers, so if that's the route that makes you most happy, I say go for it. :headbang:

But I could also see the incentive to leave the book as it. The splash page is one of the most iconic in history and it's great to see the original Joe Shuster artwork. If you haven't read it yet, Action #10's story is one of the absolute best of the early Siegel and Shuster run.

Edited by Wayne-Tec

I finally got some decent scans of this, I'm going to have the pages washed and casted, and the reproduction cover Fedoraman made me will be attached:

0501141157461.jpg

0501141204401.jpg

very nice Travis. I personally rather look at an action 10 splash page than an action 10 cover.

very nice Travis. I personally rather look at an action 10 splash page than an action 10 cover.

You guys are definitely starting to change my mind on it. I've had the repro cover for a over a year now ready to go, but I was waiting to send the book in for the resto and attachment until I got some books back that were already in the process of being worked on.

You guys are definitely starting to change my mind on it. I've had the repro cover for a over a year now ready to go, but I was waiting to send the book in for the resto and attachment until I got some books back that were already in the process of being worked on.

just crack it out and wrap the repro cover around the interior and slip into a Mylar. I don't think it matters whether a repro cover is attached or not to the original interior. Is it brittle mainly around the staple/spine area?

Is it brittle mainly around the staple/spine area?

The previous owner who slabbed it was pretty adament that the first wrap was really the only affected area. I've only ever owned it in the slab so I couldn't personally look it over myself. Here's the pic again of it in it's raw state:

7444970762_615fa1511c_b.jpg

Is it brittle mainly around the staple/spine area?

The previous owner who slabbed it was pretty adament that the first wrap was really the only affected area. I've only ever owned it in the slab so I couldn't personally look it over myself. Here's the pic again of it in it's raw state:

7444970762_615fa1511c_b.jpg

looks nicer and less tattered in the slab :)

My latest acquisition:

8vjk.jpg

Looks way better than a .5

Is there a huge piece missing from the back cover?

The back cover is actually decent. It's just completely split and detached.

Two time member now? Show off! J/K awesome pick up! :applause:

-J.

My latest book...so much for the 15 and 17..:)

Awesome book, congrats! Presents very well for the grade too, and with the new label. (worship) Action 23 is really heating up as people are finally realizing how big of a book it really is. First Luthor, First Black Pirate, First Daily Planet. Nuff said!

-J.