• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

Speaking of The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24), someone can join an even more exclusive club by winning the OA to the cover to Action #15 in the February Heritage Auction.

The auction will be in NYC so I'm excited to see the cover in person. That's the only related club I'll be joining, the "I saw the OA to the cover of Action #15 Club."

Yowzers...

a15_zps9198fc49.jpg

Speaking of The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24), someone can join an even more exclusive club by winning the OA to the cover to Action #15 in the February Heritage Auction.

The auction will be in NYC so I'm excited to see the cover in person. That's the only related club I'll be joining, the "I saw the OA to the cover of Action #15 Club."

Yowzers...

a15_zps9198fc49.jpg

wow, not many OA GA covers exist! Wonder if this cracks 6 figs? I say yes.

Yowzers...

a15_zps9198fc49.jpg

If it isn't all stats, and is mostly original art, then I'll be a player

Yowzers...

a15_zps9198fc49.jpg

Considering this pretty much has to be the earliest Superman cover and probably the earliest of any superhero covers, I'd expect this cover to blow the roof off!

Yowzers...

a15_zps9198fc49.jpg

lol

I don't think I posted my re-admission ticket here. I've only owned three books in 1-24, and here's the second go around with the 21, which I think is the best cover outside of 1,7,10,13.

2E61BC98-427D-4438-AE8D-7B0453FFBEED-1300-00000097F24DB663_zpsa97cd2bc.jpg

:takeit:

Dave, was this a 'known' cover or a recent discovery?

Do you think there is an earlier Supes cover still out there?

Dave, was this a 'known' cover or a recent discovery?

Do you think there is an earlier Supes cover still out there?

I thought this was available a few years or so ago by Heritage. No?

So would this piece be considered THE holy grail in the OA world?
I'm not a big action 15 fan, but this being OA cover makes it very appealing. If there really are no earlier OA pieces of Supe in existence, then this would conceivably be THE holy grail of existing supe OA.

So would this piece be considered THE holy grail in the OA world?
I'm not a big action 15 fan, but this being OA cover makes it very appealing. If there really are no earlier OA pieces of Supe in existence, then this would conceivably be THE holy grail of existing supe OA.

It is, without a doubt, THE holy grail of Action 15 original cover art collectors.

Yowzers...

a15_zps9198fc49.jpg

lol

:sorry:

I was being serious for a change

Looks like I'm going to have to wait a little while longer to join the club. Still haven't heard back regarding the whereabouts of my Action #22 (if it ever actually existed). I'll be escalating the case to recoup my money on Friday. Doubt anything changes, so I'm majorly bummed.

On the bright side, one of you surely has a nice #1-24 copy lying around that you want to sell me, right? :baiting:

Yowzers...

a15_zps9198fc49.jpg

lol

:sorry:

I was being serious for a change

you're always a player Bill :) especially if it's involving a Bat 1 :)