• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does anyone really care about Werewolf by night #32 ?

247 posts in this topic

I hope somebody cares. I just got a 9.8 back from CGC. Unpressed, for those that care.
:news:SOLD!

I think I'm going to start a "Why does anyone really care about Creatures on the loose #10?" thread. I got in a 9.6 of that cool book with the first appearance of Kull.

I hope somebody cares. I just got a 9.8 back from CGC. Unpressed, for those that care.

Congrats!

I just hope DarknessWeaves wasn't the buyer or I'll NEVER catch him for the #1 registry slot. ;)

sign0073.gif

I'll believe it when I see it,I demand pics. meh

spam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gif

werewolf32.jpg

werewolf32b.jpg

sign0073.gif

I'll believe it when I see it,I demand pics. meh

spam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gifspam2.gif

werewolf32.jpg

werewolf32b.jpg

That is a very nice book, decent centering, bright colours, sharp corners and clean white space on back and front.

:)

It doesn't even have white pages.

:whatev:

It has white pages and the added bonus of also having off white pages.

Two for the price of one (thumbs u

It doesn't even have white pages.

:whatev:

It has white pages and the added bonus of also having off white pages.

Two for the price of one (thumbs u

I personally would not worry about that since we all know that that could change easily to white pages on a resub and most likely they are white pages.

And WWBN 32 isn't a particularly expensive book vs. it's pseudo-contemporary Hulk 181 (or ASM 129). It's expensive in 9.8 (and maybe 9.6) because for whatever reason the book isn't easy to find in those grades.

Actually, I think I'd argue that Ghost Rider is a more apt character to compare to MK. Both are what I would call "B characters", both introduced in the mid-70s, and both characters have been popular enough to maintain multiple solo title volumes (although GR's ran longer) and mini-series, etc. There's also been substantial "evolution" of the two characters and their origins.

Comparing WWBN #32 to Marvel Spotlight #5 makes the 1st MK look like a real bargain (similar to your point using Hulk #181 and ASM #129)...

EDIT: I guess a lot of that holds true for Punisher and Wolverine except for the fact that they both managed to make it to the big leagues...

Ghost RIder was vastly more popular than Moon Knight was. The 70's/80's series lasted far longer and the 90's series was one of Marvel's biggest sellers and I'm pretty sure lasted longer than Moonies 90's series (which only briefly got popular during the Platt run). Ghost RIder had THREE series (maybe more) going on at once for a while in the 90's: Ghost Rider; Spirits of Vengeance and Ghost RIder 2099, not to mention umpteen million guest appearances. Right now maybe they're about the same, I dunno, but Spotlight 5 was like a $100+ book when WWBN 32 was a $5 or $10 book in the 90's. Spotlight 5 was also a bit earlier, so potentially fewer hoarder/speculators socking away copies.

Who cares why it went up. The fact is that it did. Capitalize on it or don't; that's your choice. But don't complain that you don't understand why or that it's undeserved. That's pointless.

Pointless to you. Your opinion. Just like I have an opinion. People who invest thousands on 1 comic should do so with sound reasoning. You said it yourself, if I had sold 2 years ago I would have made 300% return. That means it's not such a good investment now, using your own words. Your statement seems to be about short term investment whereas mine has been long term throughout all my posts.

My suggestion is to diversify short term and long term, go short with the moderns(money can be made here but the market is very volatile) and go long with the golden age,silver age and bronze age keys. Also as someone suggested try not to put all your money into comics,there are other ways to invest your money better.

Most important of all is

this is a great hobby, have fun. (thumbs u