• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does anyone really care about Werewolf by night #32 ?

247 posts in this topic

"If he had such poor sales and cancellations in which in which I perceive differntly then why would they continue the character having his own series?"

Because that's what happens in comics. Companies rehash the same thing over & over. Comic companies think what's old is new again. Captain Marvel & Alpha Flight for Marvel have been rebooted numerous times despite poor sales previously, for example. Another poster mentioned Cloak & Dagger, which also follows this method. DC has done the same thing with Booster Gold & Blue Devil. They basically throw everything against the wall just to see what sticks.

JC?

"If he had such poor sales and cancellations in which in which I perceive differntly then why would they continue the character having his own series?"

Because that's what happens in comics. Companies rehash the same thing over & over. Comic companies think what's old is new again. Captain Marvel & Alpha Flight for Marvel have been rebooted numerous times despite poor sales previously, for example. Another poster mentioned Cloak & Dagger, which also follows this method. DC has done the same thing with Booster Gold & Blue Devil. They basically throw everything against the wall just to see what sticks.

JC?

If it was JC it would be more along the lines of " Moderns Suck as a whole!"

Also he liked some of the stories in the past such as the ones contained in the Hulk magazines.

Favorite moon knight story was in amazing spider man six part round robin the sidekicks revenge

Any of the encounters with Moon Knight and Spider-Man are funny because they are always dissing each other as they fight together lol

Whisp-"Yeah they have been throwing Moon Knight with continued new stories and nothing rehashed for 5 years now to see what sticks hahahahahaahaha. They have even gone more indepth into the character in the VotMK series and talked about stuff they never even released on the character before about him. They have integrated him into Secret Avengers a teamup he has never been in and they have included him into this new Heroes for Hire. They even integrated him partly into Shadowland. Yeah they just throwing him at the wall. Seems that he is in almost all the major story lines going on now. He was even integrated into Civil War.

comical!

Sorry but this character is alot stronger then you think."

I don't get your argument. You even stated He has a GROWING popularity. It's been 30+ years not 5. I'll take a 30 year sample size over 5 years that I think you are over blowing. You talk about a Tv show (which didn't happen). Blade had a show that I personally liked that lasted one season. People know Blade and still didn't watch. There is no guarantee that a Moon Knight TV show would make the character popular.

Whisp-"Yeah they have been throwing Moon Knight with continued new stories and nothing rehashed for 5 years now to see what sticks hahahahahaahaha. They have even gone more indepth into the character in the VotMK series and talked about stuff they never even released on the character before about him. They have integrated him into Secret Avengers a teamup he has never been in and they have included him into this new Heroes for Hire. They even integrated him partly into Shadowland. Yeah they just throwing him at the wall. Seems that he is in almost all the major story lines going on now. He was even integrated into Civil War.

comical!

Sorry but this character is alot stronger then you think."

I don't get your argument. You even stated He has a GROWING popularity. It's been 30+ years not 5. I'll take a 30 year sample size over 5 years that I think you are over blowing. You talk about a Tv show (which didn't happen). Blade had a show that I personally liked that lasted one season. People know Blade and still didn't watch. There is no guarantee that a Moon Knight TV show would make the character popular.

You liked that Blade series? Well now we know what your tastes are now.

And listen if you don't like the character move on then. Lots of other characters for you to go read about. But don't come onto a forum slamming a character when you have been wrong on multiuple facts about the goings on with them.

And as my final statement if Marvel agreed with what you are saying right now they would not be producing Moon Knight story line for 5 years if it wasn't selling. You need to go relook at the numbers since 2006. There was even an article on Marvel itself about how well the 2006 series sold at the start.

Value is subjective. Period.

This book & MK isn't worth much to you, but clearly, as price indicates, it is to someone else.

Exactly. Different people like different things.

I say go read what you like. That is why comics in my opinion is so vast and has something for everyone. Me, I like Moon Knight, GI Joe and cool looking DC war covers.

sl4ppy- The comic wasn't all that valuable until Wizard Magazine said that people should try to get it. Speculators falsely inflated the value based on this "tip" from Wizard Magazine. Investors see this inflated book value and buy it based on this price thinking it should be a good investment. But it isn't based on any sound investment reasoning. The first punisher from around the same time frame has sound reasoning. Punisher was a cool Spider-Man villain & later became a major player in the marvel universe. None of that applies to Moon Knight.

Whisp-You obviously don't actually read posts. I've stated numerous times that I LIKE THE CHARACTER. The sales figures show that the 1st issues sell well just like every other comic then when sales plummet they reboot. This is comics 101, relaunching a comic with a #1 equals higher inflated sales because of speculation but it doesn't last. Moon Knight does not have a long running top 10 series over the last 5 years, but several relaunched series that start over with #1 issues which falsely inflate sales figures that DO NOT LAST.

I love how this thread has dragged so many of the Moon Knight avatar guys into a foray about whether or not WWBN 32 should be worth as much as it is...I think it definitely should...but I'm still surprised Nova # 1 and Nova doesn't have a similar following. The character has so many parallels to Moon Knight.

Both were born in the Bronze Age.

Both spent much of the 80s and 90s as guest stars in other books (Usually Spider-Man)

Both were on 2nd tier teams (Avengers West Coast lol LOL lol, because the Avengers were so needed all over the country that they needed a West Coast team. Then of course The New Warriors which has evolved over time into Avengers Academy.)

Both have had really good recent series. I personally had the new Nova on my pull list and looked forward to it each month and was a bit miffed that they killed the title when they killed off the character.

But like someone pointed out Nova's first appearance was in a # 1 issue (I haven't bothered checking the census on 9.8s, maybe I should) and was likely hoarded.

I'd love to buy a nova FA if I could find one at a decent price how ever my decent price is normally someone else low ball :D I think nova may be more popular over time if marvel ever brings him back from his current "death" His most recent series was quiet enjoyable as was his actions in the annihilation series nova was pretty much the star :)

I'd love to buy a nova FA if I could find one at a decent price how ever my decent price is normally someone else low ball :D I think nova may be more popular over time if marvel ever brings him back from his current "death" His most recent series was quiet enjoyable as was his actions in the annihilation series nova was pretty much the star :)

The problem with the book is that it can still be found uber cheap raw. The 9.8 that I have is a book I bought for one dollar. Took it out of the sleeve and was like "Holy , this is really nice" had it slabbed and voila! 9.8 BA first appearance. Now that I"ve got my Darkhawk #1 first appearance in 9.8 as well I'm thinking of rounding up the rest of The New Warriors first appearances. At the very least it'll be a cheap set to round up.

I'd love to be able to find this stuff raw in 9.8 shape There are quite a few new warriors FA I'd like to get as well like speedball & justice I've always enjoyed darkhawk as well I have the series complete but my #1 is nowhere near 9.8 lol If you can find stuff like this 9.8 perhaps you should offer a service I'd gladly buy some raws & send them in to get subbed for a chance I'd also like to get several FA of new characters like the young avengers & arena/spidergirl & nomad :)

Perhaps the reason this stuff does not sell is because the stuff that is out there graded is simply priced too high while you can find raw for cheap maybe if more stuff popped up graded at decent prices it would spark interest in other collectors

This book & MK isn't worth much to you, but clearly, as price indicates, it is to someone else.

I say go read what you like. That is why comics in my opinion is so vast and has something for everyone. Me, I like Moon Knight, GI Joe and cool looking DC war covers.

For me that's it exactly.

One of my favourite characters is Quasar, far from A-list himself, for others here it's Darkhawk, for others it's Moon Knight . We all have quirky tastes like this, which aren't necessarily the most absolutely popular of choices, but that doesn't matter at all if the reader finds the character and their stories entertaining and involving. That's why I don't judge quite so harshly if I don't personally connect to another boardie's favourite character, obscure or not, or understand its value to others - in fact I stay quite neutral, realising that I might want to be shown similar consideration myself sometime. (shrug)

One of my favourite characters is Quasar, far from A-list himself, for others here it's Darkhawk, for others it's Moon Knight . We all have quirky tastes like this, which aren't necessarily the most absolutely popular of choices, but that doesn't matter at all if the reader finds the character and their stories entertaining and involving. That's why I don't judge quite so harshly if I don't personally connect to another boardie's favourite character, obscure or not, or understand its value to others - in fact I stay quite neutral, realising that I might want to be shown similar consideration myself sometime. (shrug)

Plus you never know when you may actually start to like said characters your self all it takes is the right writes & artists & bam! solid gold! The avengers initiative is a recent series which has sparked some interest in my part on some of these guys I'd other wise not care about Same with the annihilation arc which lead to guardians of the galaxy & nova a lot of characters finally getting done right & some proper attention

Well said :applause: