• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does anyone really care about Werewolf by night #32 ?

247 posts in this topic

I'd love to be able to find this stuff raw in 9.8 shape There are quite a few new warriors FA I'd like to get as well like speedball & justice I've always enjoyed darkhawk as well I have the series complete but my #1 is nowhere near 9.8 lol If you can find stuff like this 9.8 perhaps you should offer a service I'd gladly buy some raws & send them in to get subbed for a chance I'd also like to get several FA of new characters like the young avengers & arena/spidergirl & nomad :)

Perhaps the reason this stuff does not sell is because the stuff that is out there graded is simply priced too high while you can find raw for cheap maybe if more stuff popped up graded at decent prices it would spark interest in other collectors

Been there, done that...and it hurt.

and yes, I'm a die hard fan. Purely a collector and I have almost 25 copies of WBN 32 in various grades I've collected over the years.

Well, from my point of view, you sound as though you are much more than a collector of this particular issue. Probably more closer to a hoarder since you have almost 25 copies of it.

and yes, I'm a die hard fan. Purely a collector and I have almost 25 copies of WBN 32 in various grades I've collected over the years.

Well, from my point of view, you sound as though you are much more than a collector of this particular issue. Probably more closer to a hoarder since you have almost 25 copies of it.

Once he gets 32 it will be enough.

I think moonknight is B not D. And that first series in the 80's was a good read, to me. After that I have no idea what they did to him. Really though, he was a batman clone in many ways, with a little daredevil thrown in for good measure. Not exactly something new, but he was done well to start. I care about the book, I wish I owned one, think I'll wait for the price to drop more though.

To sum up your position: I don't like a character, so I don't understand why others lke that character and, in turn, why there is demand for that character's first appearance.

works for me.

Once he gets 32 it will be enough.

lol!

Well, most of them are in the 5.0 range, etc. It's just one of those things where I stumble upon a copy for $10 or $20 and I figure "what the hell", and pick it up. :)

sl4ppy- The comic wasn't all that valuable until Wizard Magazine said that people should try to get it. Speculators falsely inflated the value based on this "tip" from Wizard Magazine. Investors see this inflated book value and buy it based on this price thinking it should be a good investment. But it isn't based on any sound investment reasoning. The first punisher from around the same time frame has sound reasoning. Punisher was a cool Spider-Man villain & later became a major player in the marvel universe. None of that applies to Moon Knight.

Yes, the Wizard article accelerate the demand and consequently the price, but it certainly wasn't the only driving factor; the book was still relatively pricey prior to that article. The combination of growing popularity, a revamp, new artists, and (albeit mild) rumoring that MK would be a good movie/TV character, AND the article pushed it to new heights. It has since returned to a somewhat normalized level.

I don't understand why that's "bad" or indicates a crappy title/character. EVERY book/title goes through similar ebbs and flows. Every. Single. One.

ROM :cloud9:

Moon Knight (thumbs u Name the last Marvel hero who cut the face off his enemy, kept it around and wore it from time to time in between mental ka-snaps.

Task Master :insane:

taskmaster.jpg

Let alone carving up bad guys faces with cresent marks like rapists and such to let other people know. On top of that he falls in between the lines of Vigilante and Hero which is part of his inner struggle.

This guy has killed his own brother and killed one of his good friends sons in which his brother alone was a serial killer and shows the inner struggle as well with Marc Spectors split personality disorder which he plays off as being needed but as we know in last story arc he got rid of Marc and now the personality of Marc is back which Bendis is going to continue with.

Only rehasing of the character I have seen is when they redid the series with volume 2 which is Marc Spector but really only the first few issues of how he became then moved on from there. Since then it has been a continous story which has been updated by mini stories and appearances in other books until 2006 and since 2006 been one story line regardless if they restart it in new series. I like this because we are gettig many different writers and artists styles so hopefully something for everyone. They also did it because he had roles in other series while those breaks.

I have seen more rehashing of wolverine and spiderman in the last couple years then I have seen in the life span of Moon Knight.

Disclaimer: This is not attack on wolverine and spiderman since I like both those characters juist not as much as Moon Knight.

sl4ppy- The comic wasn't all that valuable until Wizard Magazine said that people should try to get it. Speculators falsely inflated the value based on this "tip" from Wizard Magazine. Investors see this inflated book value and buy it based on this price thinking it should be a good investment. But it isn't based on any sound investment reasoning. The first punisher from around the same time frame has sound reasoning. Punisher was a cool Spider-Man villain & later became a major player in the marvel universe. None of that applies to Moon Knight.

Whisp-You obviously don't actually read posts. I've stated numerous times that I LIKE THE CHARACTER. The sales figures show that the 1st issues sell well just like every other comic then when sales plummet they reboot. This is comics 101, relaunching a comic with a #1 equals higher inflated sales because of speculation but it doesn't last. Moon Knight does not have a long running top 10 series over the last 5 years, but several relaunched series that start over with #1 issues which falsely inflate sales figures that DO NOT LAST.

Oh I have read your posts and I did that on purpose to get you to state thus again that you like Moon Knight thus proving my point you are another person that likes the character even if you don't think he is an A or B level character. There is many people out there that think the same way and like the character even if he is not top rated and because of this demand on the book is higher.

We are also in times since around 2005 where collectors wanted more grittier and dark reading and movies thus he is fitting right in.

Whisp-"Oh I have read your posts and I did that on purpose to get you to state thus again that you like Moon Knight thus proving my point you are another person that likes the character even if you don't think he is an A or B level character. There is many people out there that think the same way and like the character even if he is not top rated and because of this demand on the book is higher.

We are also in times since around 2005 where collectors wanted more grittier and dark reading and movies thus he is fitting right in."

Comics have been gritty since the mid to late 80's. Ever heard of The Dark Knight or The Watchmen? You could also point out to the 70's with the Amazing Spider-man where Gwen Stacy had her neck snapped or the next issue where the Green Goblin was impaled by his glider and "killed".You are a lost cause on this. You are for some reason being personally offended by my post. All I have stated is that the high guide price doesn't coincide with the character's impact(or lack of impact) on the comic landscape. There really should be no argument on this.

Whisp-"Oh I have read your posts and I did that on purpose to get you to state thus again that you like Moon Knight thus proving my point you are another person that likes the character even if you don't think he is an A or B level character. There is many people out there that think the same way and like the character even if he is not top rated and because of this demand on the book is higher.

We are also in times since around 2005 where collectors wanted more grittier and dark reading and movies thus he is fitting right in."

Comics have been gritty since the mid to late 80's. Ever heard of The Dark Knight or The Watchmen? You could also point out to the 70's with the Amazing Spider-man where Gwen Stacy had her neck snapped or the next issue where the Green Goblin was impaled by his glider and "killed".You are a lost cause on this. You are for some reason being personally offended by my post. All I have stated is that the high guide price doesn't coincide with the character's impact(or lack of impact) on the comic landscape. There really should be no argument on this.

Well...

A 9.8 first appearance of Wolverine goes for 20? 25? 100 times was a WBN #32 goes for?

So Wolverine has fans to the factor of 100 more than Moon Knight?

There's an argument. :/

Look at it this way, If a person wants to pay top dollar for a book let them, its their money and if they feel that the comic/character is worth that amount, who cares??

If you think he is a D-list character DO NOT buy the book. In my eyes i think The Demon is one of the best DC characters, where as my friend might think he is trash. Its all up to the buyer.

Buy the book, not the hype.

Im the lost cause? lol

And I am not offended but just showing the reasoning behind why it is which was your question in the first place, but no matter the reasoning we give you you keep going on and on that it is not worth the price. Well guess what, I don't need to argue it since the market dictates the price and not me thus it proves you wrong.

On top of that you are misinformed as to how the series have really been doing. Marvel would not waste so much resources after 5 years in which we are going into a 6th year if the character was not popular enough to deem so thus again your arguments are mute.

Who are you a shill for since my troll senses are tingling!

When the guy with the 9.8 posted and said there were only three in the registry my first thought was, "there are that manny?"

WWBN32 not only is the first Moon Knight, a fan favorite, but as previously stated, is a rare book in ultra high grade. Simple economics.