• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Vintage D&D Character Sheets Here - And I know you have them!
1 1

269 posts in this topic

I went so far as to play the game via an online utility that provided you with a virtual desktop surface. You could upload images, draw on the desktop, place miniatures. The system even had a dice roller system at the top.

I can't recall what it was called...

Was fun but I still had the same challenges: getting people to show up to the game. The first session 2 of my 7 players were late and didnt arrive until 30 minutes later. Then the next session only 1 of 7 arrived on time, the rest all arrived 30 minutes late the reasoning was that since those 2 players didn't arrive until 30 minutes later we all can arrive late.

3rd session everyone was late, and I determined it to be the last. I as the DM / Gamemaster took alot of my personal time to prepare the evening's adventures and none of my players can arrive on time i just decided to not bother.

Is to bad, D&D was a great game. But it is a thing of the past.

That is too bad. . .but a frequently told situation in groups of gamers I used to hang with.

A DM works hard to develop a plot line and then due to a variety of circumstances the games fall apart (players no showing, work conflicts, etc.)

I feel for you cause I've been there too.

Probably my greatest dungeon creation: a long forgotten dwarven temple hidden below a mine, called GrununderGron. The party ( looking for coin to finance gear purchases ) takes a job to clean out the town's mine. Miners broke through a section of wall and happened upon a lair of Grimlocks who proceed to take over the entire mine and claim it as their own.

This is not the real story though, thousands of years ago a meteor crashed into this very spot in the world, it's rock properties are special and when the resulting ore is refined and fashioned into weapons they have special properties. Long ago Dwarves mined this area, and constructed a temple near the mine to honor the god of the sky who blessed them with the mighty gift.

In exploring the mine ( 9 levels ...maps of which are not shown here ) the party will find clues that there is more here than just the mines, clues, strange pieces of rock on the deepest mine level that radiate magic if detected for, etc.

Under the mines is the temple area. A dungeon I designed with 2 different layouts: before disaster, and after disaster. For during exploration of this dungeon at a certain time in the adventure an earthquake strikes the area, which changes the face of the dungeon entirely. Areas previously inacessible due to strong Dwarven magic open after the earthquake event.

GrunundergronMap.jpg

The end result of the adventure is the party clears the mine so it may commence it's normal operation, but they are to also discover the mineral/ rocks in the dungeon that will make excellent weapons / armor to aid in the fight against the evil forces ( War in the world )

During exploration they find markings on the very walls of the temple, telling the Dwarven story:

GrunundergronClue2.jpg

GrunundergronClue.jpg

These clues point the party in the direction of a great Dwarven city where they eventually go, and make new allies.

In my campaign this tied in to perhaps the greatest published module I ever DM'd:

module2.jpg

The premise behind Awakening is 2 armies of Dwarves are at war, over this area. In ancient times it is known the dwarves who resided in the "Mountain" here had control of a great powerful god of fire, who helped them fashion powerful items. The evil Dwarves are here in the mountain to Awaken this god, and gain power. Unknown to all involved in this adventure is that the god is actually a Volcano, and in the end if the ritual of summoning is not preformed exactly correct, instead of controlling the "creature" it basically goes crazy and erupts destroying everything in the area.

The design of the module is brilliant, great complicated maps and an excellent mystery the party must discover as they covertly manuever through the dungeon trying to out pace the evil dwarves who are also searching the ruins.

Great stuff.

Probably my greatest dungeon creation: a long forgotten dwarven temple hidden below a mine, called GrununderGron. The party ( looking for coin to finance gear purchases ) takes a job to clean out the town's mine. Miners broke through a section of wall and happened upon a lair of Grimlocks who proceed to take over the entire mine and claim it as their own.

These clues point the party in the direction of a great Dwarven city where they eventually go, and make new allies.

In my campaign this tied in to perhaps the greatest published module I ever DM'd:

module2.jpg

Holy Crappola! Great job! When are you going to sue Peter Jackson?? :) Clearly he played your creation! lol Those cities look identical!

I want to play D&D now.. awesome dungeon

Minas_Tirith_2.jpg

Hmm might have better luck suing this guy though lol

OMG Look at what this guy created with candy

http://www.funforever.net/archives/minas-tirith-the-battle-of-pelennor-fields/

Edited by ivegotneatstuff

module2.jpg

Interesting. Is this worth picking up?

Okay, I did play AD&D back in the day. However, more recently my family had a GURPS Fantasy game running for many years. Here is my character sheet for my elven magic user, Fiona.

GURPS stands for "Generic Universal Role Playing System"

th_Fiona1.jpgth_Fiona2.jpg

I couldn't find any of my old AD&D character sheets.... :sorry:

Edited by CycleGirl

Am I the only one who has never played this game? (shrug)

Yes, get crackin!

lol If you're 35-45 you might be the only one who hasn't played...

artboy--great to see the young artist at work on those maps, etc. I agree, it's tough to game as an adult. If I was still in Michigan it might be easier as my friends there never stopped playing. The Michigan power game style didn't mesh as well with my California college friends. Or maybe it's the power gaming style that doesn't mesh well with me as an adult, thus leaving me adrift? :)

Anyway, I'll be giving DMing a go after Wondercon, for 1-2 sessions.

Okay, I did play AD&D back in the day. However, more recently my family had a GURPS Fantasy game running for many years. Here is my character sheet for my elven magic user, Fiona.

GURPS is a fun system. I have played GURPS fantasy, Traveler and Space.

GURPS is a fun system. I have played GURPS fantasy, Traveler and Space.

(thumbs u We played Space some years ago.

GURPS is very elegant system in terms of game design. Everything can be resolved as a contest of skills. The best thing about GURPS is that you can play a game in any world. For example, we once had a GURPS adventure for a convention based on the movie Total Recall.

module2.jpg

Interesting. Is this worth picking up?

Very much so, it is an awesome module. Let me know if you want more info/ scans

I always remember buying a box of rpgs and selling them on Ebay..all the ones with well known names I could look up and find prices for..then there were some weird ones..I held back selling them until the rest of the more big name ones were gone..

I had this one called "Garden of the Plantmaster" I thought yikes..plants? garden? sounds terribly boring..I threw it on Ebay and BOOM price went through the roof..then the purchaser says "Hey I am in Tokyo and I'd like you to overnight it"

I did research and said "Uhmm it will cost twice the price of the book to overnight to Japan..sooo it will cost a lot."

He explained he played it in his garage as a kid..now being a wealthy business man living in Japan..he wanted it cost no object..

wish I had know I would have came up with some ridiculously high BIN lol

"Garden of the Plantmaster" just sounds sorta lame..

anyone here play that??

It would have been my guess lol sounds incredibly lame. It brought like $150..and cost nearly $100 to overnight it ..

So needless to say I would probably pick it up again to flip..

But like so many things all you need is 2 people who really want something and price can be no object..but once those two have the item..nobody else would pay $1 for it!

It would have been my guess lol sounds incredibly lame. It brought like $150..and cost nearly $100 to overnight it ..

So needless to say I would probably pick it up again to flip..

But like so many things all you need is 2 people who really want something and price can be no object..but once those two have the item..nobody else would pay $1 for it!

Another example that the true value of anything is, in the end. what someone is willing to pay for it.