• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Vintage D&D Character Sheets Here - And I know you have them!
1 1

269 posts in this topic

Isn't the Fiend Folio worth big bucks?

Can't be. I have one. Nothing I actually kept from my childhood is ever worth anything. I only threw out the stuff that became valuable collector's items.

I was stoked when I heard that the 1st edition Deities and Demigods with the Lovecraft and Lieber materials in it was worth good bread. The I went through mine and there were handwritten notes and little drawings in the margins, and I had cut out some of the pictures to do something stupid at some point last week. :ohnoez:

You caught me. I was trying to make a pair of Yog-Sothoth nipple rings. :blush:

More likely spankin' it to shots of Succubus.

500x_succubus_copy_02.jpg

or worrying that getting a quarter chubb from looking at Bast meant the neighbor's cat was next...

bast_01.jpg

That's good stuff for young male teens circa 1980 lol

Another stat fudger Calligraphy guy. Sure, Eman rolled 4 18's out of 6 stats on your sheet. Did anyone play with straight 3 dice rolled per stat, from top to bottom, and play it out?

That may have been the flaw in DnD was the character gen system. A point buy in may have been better, like they use in the online games now.

I havent played in 20 years (ouch, Im old) but I still have fond memories of those gaming sessions.

Another stat fudger Calligraphy guy. Sure, Eman rolled 4 18's out of 6 stats on your sheet. Did anyone play with straight 3 dice rolled per stat, from top to bottom, and play it out?

That may have been the flaw in DnD was the character gen system. A point buy in may have been better, like they use in the online games now.

I havent played in 20 years (ouch, Im old) but I still have fond memories of those gaming sessions.

There were so many suggested ways to develop characters, the DM's guide even suggests different methods.. The most common we used was to role 4d6 and discard the lowest die. We did use the straight 3d6 several times though. One campaign I remember I wound up with a fighter with an 18 strength (honest roll) and a 4 intelligence. The wizard in the party was my handler. The fighter was not smart enough to speak more than a few words. Hilarious game.

The system I used was to give the players a choice: roll 4 6 sided dice and discard the lowest, or assign 90 total points. Assigning 90 points was an average of 15 in each stat if you chose. Allowing the players to place their stats allowed them to decide what they want to play, rather than being forced to play something based on how they rolled.

The 3 d 6 version is the way they designed it, but lets face it, the game was about you the player being a hero in a game environment. Rolling a 6 for my wisdom is anything but.

My friend Timmy used to come in with a new character sheet every time we played, and it would usually have impossibly high stats, psionics, magical items, etc. I would have it killed within the first few rooms every time! Meanwhile, the more mundane characters would go sailing along week after week without a hitch. He never learned! doh!

lol Yeah, any good DM would take care of that. Anyway, the more powerful the player, the stronger the opposition, strong characteristics, higher level or more seasoned the character is.

The only danger the DM runs into is if a character someone has been playing for a while (read, months) gets killed. I've seen some mighty upset players not take it very well. I've also seen players decide not to play that one character with certain DMs, just for protection.

Good times :cloud9:

Photobucket

50' rope... check

iron spikes... check

rations... check

OK, you're good to... wait a sec, OMG where's your pole? What are you thinking?! YOU NEVER GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT YOUR 10' POLE!!

ONe of the classic lines from my teenage game was when there was some kind of trap that needed to be probed. Someone asked "Does anyone have a 10' pole?" ONe of the guys immediately deadpans - "Give me a minute."

More likely spankin' it to shots of Succubus.

500x_succubus_copy_02.jpg

It wasn't just me :o

I don't know about you but I loved her for her MIND.

500x_succubus_copy_02-1.jpg

These are 3rd Edition related but some of them are funny as hell. This one maybe most of all (definitely not safe for work and/or small children)

Edited by Jeffro

or worrying that getting a quarter chubb from looking at Bast meant the neighbor's cat was next...

bast_01.jpg

bastermate?

lol