• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zero Feedback bidders Bidding Up My Ebay Auction

29 posts in this topic

So I listed an item on Ebay this week and two zero feedback bidders have seemingly entered a war to make the price high. It's about 2x what it should be.

I'm imagining I'm not going to get paid for this auction. What should I do to protect myself? There's still a couple of days left.

Try emailing them to gauge their real intent. You can tell a lot about people based on how they write emails. If you get no response or something that looks like it was written by a 5 year old, cancel their bids and block them.

I had this happen to me before, and it was all a retaliatory "strike" since I had put up a book in similar grade to someone else and their :censored: hurt. I guess feebay really isn't a "free market" and the laws of economics don't apply there. I don't allow zero feedback bidders and cancel them if they ever did bid. I also recommend blocking these "users" from bidding on any of your future auctions. I don't see it ending well for you and a bunch of wasted time. 2c

For a number of years now i've specified that people with less than a +3 or shoddy feedback need to email me before bidding. I don't know if that's allowed but I state it anyway. I automatically cancel bids from those who don't follow my rule.

Anyway, recently I had a guy email me begging, just begging to be able to bid. So I say ok. He's got 0 feedback and been on ebay for about 10 days at the time. Says he can pay "immediately" after the auction. So I wish him luck with the bidding.

Sunday night the auction ends, night ends, no "immediate" payment.

Next day I get a story about how he has to set up a paypal account. Okay, delayed again.

Next day he says he has to get to bank to deposit funds. Emails later in the night to say he was so busy he couldn't get to bank.

Says he'll pay Thursday for sure. Thursday comes and goes. I email him, tell him forget about it. I do the 2nd chance offer. 2nd chancer takes the offer, pays immediately and emails me about how thrilled he is to have won the auction.

Zero feedbacker cries foul. Denies my request for my final value fees to be reimbursed (when you do a 2nd chance offer look at your statement, they'll double dip you on FVF.

In the end I have to do the online chat for 20 minutes with somebody, explaining how this guy is ing me over and finally ebay rep handles it, removes the first fee charge.

All that b/c I caved to begging and let a zero feedbacker bid against my better judgment.

Never again. And personally, I don't give a krap about 'we all had zero feedback at one time'. Newbies can go build their feedback with somebody kinder and gentler than me. I don't care. Burned too many times.

I personally would not bid on someting offered by someone with so many regulations. That's just me of course. Bidding on e-bay for the first time was a real step fo faith on my part, after all, it's my money. No loss to the seller, they still have the product.

I personally would not bid on someting offered by someone with so many regulations. That's just me of course. Bidding on e-bay for the first time was a real step fo faith on my part, after all, it's my money. No loss to the seller, they still have the product.

How many would you consider to be "so many regulations"

I think i've come across maybe 2 or 3 sellers in 10 years that I thought were really going overboard.

For my part, my only stipulation is that you have to have +3 feedback or more without a bunch of negatives.

It's been working perfectly for me when I stick to it and cancel all the bids that don't qualify.

Pretty much every eBayer with under 25 feedback That won one of my auctions ithe past couple years has been a complete hassle. I block them. At this point I consider them all people who were NARU'd time and time again and always have to make a new profile. I blocked a handful in my last few auctions. I do that more when selling collectibles than if I'm selling clothes or car parts or something. Something about collectibles attracts them...

How many would you consider to be "so many regulations"

I think i've come across maybe 2 or 3 sellers in 10 years that I thought were really going overboard.

For my part, my only stipulation is that you have to have +3 feedback or more without a bunch of negatives.

It's been working perfectly for me when I stick to it and cancel all the bids that don't qualify.

+1 (thumbs u No need to deal with the caca!

For a number of years now i've specified that people with less than a +3 or shoddy feedback need to email me before bidding. I don't know if that's allowed but I state it anyway. I automatically cancel bids from those who don't follow my rule.

Anyway, recently I had a guy email me begging, just begging to be able to bid. So I say ok. He's got 0 feedback and been on ebay for about 10 days at the time. Says he can pay "immediately" after the auction. So I wish him luck with the bidding.

Sunday night the auction ends, night ends, no "immediate" payment.

Next day I get a story about how he has to set up a paypal account. Okay, delayed again.

Next day he says he has to get to bank to deposit funds. Emails later in the night to say he was so busy he couldn't get to bank.

Says he'll pay Thursday for sure. Thursday comes and goes. I email him, tell him forget about it. I do the 2nd chance offer. 2nd chancer takes the offer, pays immediately and emails me about how thrilled he is to have won the auction.

Zero feedbacker cries foul. Denies my request for my final value fees to be reimbursed (when you do a 2nd chance offer look at your statement, they'll double dip you on FVF.

In the end I have to do the online chat for 20 minutes with somebody, explaining how this guy is ing me over and finally ebay rep handles it, removes the first fee charge.

All that b/c I caved to begging and let a zero feedbacker bid against my better judgment.

Never again. And personally, I don't give a krap about 'we all had zero feedback at one time'. Newbies can go build their feedback with somebody kinder and gentler than me. I don't care. Burned too many times.

Question.

Can the Zero feedbacker leave feedback after the FVF was credited and no payment was made?

I hadn't used eBay in like 8 years, had forgotten my password and dint have my email account anymore that I originally signed up with. I had to start over with a new I'D and zero feedback. Not all zero feedback people are pain in the asses or flakes (thumbs u

Unfortunately, my 1st big purchase as a 2 feedback bidder was from robojo doh!

Personally, I would let the auction play out and give them a chance to follow through with the transaction.

Indeed. We were all zero feedback bidders at one point.

Agreed. My most recent problematic transaction on eBay was a 400+ feedback buyer who backed out of a $500 BIN - during the same time frame, I sold 5 items to 5 different zero feedback buyers and every one of them paid within 24 hours.

If other sellers want to stop 0 feedback buyers from bidding on their auctions, that's a-ok with me - just means that they'll end up buying my stuff instead :applause:

My last round of auctions I had 3 (0) rated bidders buy items, 2 of them paid promptly and I received good feedback.

The other hasn't paid in two weeks and I've opened an unpaid case with eBay.

People have to start somewhere same as when I began on eBay, but I guess your going to get a small percentage who are time wasters for whatever reason.

Personally, I would let the auction play out and give them a chance to follow through with the transaction.

Indeed. We were all zero feedback bidders at one point.

Agreed. My most recent problematic transaction on eBay was a 400+ feedback buyer who backed out of a $500 BIN - during the same time frame, I sold 5 items to 5 different zero feedback buyers and every one of them paid within 24 hours.

If other sellers want to stop 0 feedback buyers from bidding on their auctions, that's a-ok with me - just means that they'll end up buying my stuff instead :applause:

You're welcome to them my friend. (thumbs u