• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2011

400 posts in this topic

roy,

I do not really recommend booking the 3 star hotel on Hotwire.com for (south O'hare zone) $45/night as it is 17 mins drive away from Rosemont convention center. They may have a shuttle bus to con but you may still need to pay for a cab each evening although you may have a car or rental car. At least you get free wi fi at that suburb of Rosemont: Elkford (sp?).

I was hoping to stay a little closer than that.

:eek:

I really enjoy staying at Westin hotels but it's on the other side of the expressway.

The Doubletree and Embassy Suites are much closer but I've read some poor reviews on those.

Anybody have any experience in those hotels?

Can't believe the Hyatt is fully booked, I've stayed there for years now but I spoke to Wizard today and they told me that this con floor booked up much faster than last year so it looks like it might be a busy show.

roy,

I do not really recommend booking the 3 star hotel on Hotwire.com for (south O'hare zone) $45/night as it is 17 mins drive away from Rosemont convention center. They may have a shuttle bus to con but you may still need to pay for a cab each evening although you may have a car or rental car. At least you get free wi fi at that suburb of Rosemont: Elkford (sp?).

Elk Grove Village?

So where is everyone staying?

Hyatt Regency O'hare is fully booked.

:cry:

Aloft O'Hare

:applause: Yeah, I'm not the only one!

BTW: I'm only going to be there for Thursday Night and then Friday until about 4pm (work sux, but oh well). Anyone who is planning on not getting there until 4 on Friday and interested in getting two weekend passes for $50 total, send me a PM.

roy,

I was hoping to stay a little closer than that.

:eek:

I really enjoy staying at Westin hotels but it's on the other side of the expressway.

The Doubletree and Embassy Suites are much closer but I've read some poor reviews on those.

Can't believe the Hyatt is fully booked, I've stayed there for years now but I spoke to Wizard today and they told me that this con floor booked up much faster than last year so it looks like it might be a busy show.

Embassy Suites usually books up first, I've stayed there, it's fine, and Catrick stayed at the Doubletree, the rooms looked very nice, it's got Gibson's downstairs. What is nice about the Embassy Suites is that you get two rooms for one. What about the Sofitel? It's right across the street, or whatever name it is now?

Embassy Suites usually books up first, I've stayed there, it's fine, and Catrick stayed at the Doubletree, the rooms looked very nice, it's got Gibson's downstairs. What is nice about the Embassy Suites is that you get two rooms for one. What about the Sofitel? It's right across the street, or whatever name it is now?

I took a look at the Google map and the sofitel didn't show up.

EDIT: Looks like it closed down.

Where is the Crown Plaza, is it further down on River Road?

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center - Rosemont, Illinois (IL)

5440 North River Road, Rosemont, Illinois 60018

Reservations: 866 242-1055 Fax: 847-671-5406

Email : sales@crowneplazaohare.com

Where is the Crown Plaza, is it further down on River Road?

It's on past the Doubletree by about a block, maybe less. That's were Borock stays all the time. Steve was kind enough to share his room when my flight was cancelled last year. Nice hotel. I bought a t-shirt.

roy,

Roy,

I've stayed at both, and they're both nice. The pool at the Double Tree looked a bit messy. Otherwise, they're very nice. The rooms are very nice, and the DT has a nice restaurant in it for breakfast.

I think the ES still has free cocktails at happy hour, which is right up your alley.

Aloft O'Hare

:applause: Yeah, I'm not the only one!

BTW: I'm only going to be there for Thursday Night and then Friday until about 4pm (work sux, but oh well). Anyone who is planning on not getting there until 4 on Friday and interested in getting two weekend passes for $50 total, send me a PM.

Ironically, I will only be there Thurs and Fri as well... lol

Roy -- I'm at the Westin and also looked into the Intercontinental. i'll also have a rental car, because I'm also going to be heading down town...

I'm a huge fan of Westin hotels.

It's the only hotel I've truly felt "at home" in.

Might be an idea.

(thumbs u

Roy -- I'm at the Westin and also looked into the Intercontinental. i'll also have a rental car, because I'm also going to be heading down town...

I'm a huge fan of Westin hotels.

It's the only hotel I've truly felt "at home" in.

Might be an idea.

(thumbs u

It's not that far, and while a little pricey, I feel I can easily walk there (it may be hot and hard to run back and forth). Parking is free there as well.

The reality is, the Westin is super comfortable and a very relaxing environment.

You're a doofus :baiting:

Barb made sure we booked in May.

JJ

Yeah, i know.

I had so much on my plate in May that it slipped my mind.

Where you stayin'?

He's staying at the Hyatt as am I, you procrastinating hippie.

I will abscond with your reservation somehow.