• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Stamps/Bonds/Loans covers - let's see 'em
3 3

226 posts in this topic

I looked through this entire thread again yesterday, and realized that except for #110, Famous Funnies is flying under the radar!

Here's some Famous Funnies War Bond and related issues:

93, 94, 95, 103, 116 (paper drive), 117 (paper drive), 120, 131 (a really good one!), 136.

--ElJay

EBE said:
I looked through this entire thread again yesterday, and realized that except for #110, Famous Funnies is flying under the radar!

Here's some Famous Funnies War Bond and related issues:

93, 94, 95, 103, 116 (paper drive), 117 (paper drive), 120, 131 (a really good one!), 136.

--ElJay

I didn't realise I hadn't posted that one...

large.Famous_funnies_131.jpg.a3b9c313fe072dd00563a24324c7fcc3.jpg

Fixed!

I came across several more titles that would fit this thread.

Calling All Girls 20: Buy War Stamps

Calling All Girls 40: The "Letter" plus a very young Elizabeth Taylor

Sparky Watts 4: War Stamp

Batman 27: 6th War Loan

Wilbur 2: Buy War Bonds; Buy Stamps and Bonds

--ElJay

Picked this up off eBay this year. Mega spine roll, tear at the staple, a couple of loose pages, but I like it! In spite of the condition, this was a book that I was excited about and quite pleased to find.

The second image is the inside back cover. While it does encourage the reader with "Reddy Dough" (ready cash) to purchase bonds, the art and story seem to indicate that an editor just grabbed someone to crank out a comic page in order to fill up that back cover!

--ElJay

FFA62.jpg

FFA6InBC.jpg

Time to add to AJD's list.

Big Shot 23: War stamp. With all of the war-themed covers that you see in Big Shot, #23 is the only one pushing stamps.

Red Dragon 5: War stamp - blends in with the background so it looks like the minuteman on the stamp is just another superhero running into battle.

Catman 17: Buy bonds; buy stamps - this one is hiding in plain sight.

Catman 18: War stamp as part of the background.

Exciting 38: Buy war bonds. In addition to the usual Nedor "flag" (Buy war bonds and stamps for victory), take a look at the billboard in the background.

Fight 25: Tiny little "Buy U.S. war savings stamps!" in the lower left fc. This is one I didn't notice until last week!

Heroic 31: Buy more war bonds for victory.

--ElJay