• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL: Who's the STRONGEST hero? Thor, Hulk or Superman?

Who is the STRONGEST hero?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the STRONGEST hero?

183 posts in this topic

Hulk's strength is not limitless. The limit has simply never been seen yet. The fact that he is powered by gamma radiation and a human body would indicate that his power has limits. At some point, his heart would simply explode.

Human bodies shouldn't be able to lift mountains either, but in Hulk form it's easy peasy.

There's never been a limit shown to Hulk's strength, ever. Based on all available data, history and precedent there's no basis for saying there's a limit.

For further corroboration:

"During times of high stress or anger, an increase in adrenaline causes the Hulk's strength to increase dramatically. There has never been a limit shown as to the highest strength the Hulk can reach thus it is assumed it is limitless. The Hulk has shown many incredible feats of the years, including holding up a 150 billion ton mountain during the Secret Wars and breaking open Onslaught's armor when the combined might of the rest of the world's heroes couldn't even make a scratch in it."

The Hulk possesses the potential for limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger. (From Hulk 109-111) This has been reflected in the repeated comment, "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets." After probing, the entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside." (Secret Wars #8) His durability, regeneration, and endurance also increase in proportion to his temper.(Hulk #394)

So the Beyonder, who'd be able to tell, says his power and strength have no limits.

That last part refutes the "Heart will just explode" hypothesis. As he grows in strength so does his entire physical structure to allow for the additional strength.

This from Marvel Universe Online:

His capacity for physical strength is potentially limitless due to the fact that the Hulk's strength increases proportionally with his level of great emotional stress, anger in particular.

No limit has ever been found. Limitless at this point. Without proof the contrary all proof points to no limit.

From The Hulk Library Online:

The Hulk has not yet found an endpoint to his maximum strength, so its upper limit remains a mystery. While described as Class 100 strength, the Hulk has at times proven capable of exceeding this parameter several times over; following exposure to the warp core breach on planet Sakaar, his baseline strength is even higher.

Given that class 100 is ability to lift 100 tons, and the Hulk's lifted 150 BILLION tons at times...off the charts is a logical area to rate his strength.

Given all the evidence the Hulk is the only one with unlimited strength of the group...Superman making the 'passing a kidney stone" face BA cover excepted. lol

While i agree with you that Hulk is strongest, the Hulk did NOT "lift" a 150 billion ton mountain. That was my all time favorite comic book as a kid and i must have read it 1,000 times. I distinctly remember one of the heroes asking how he was holding up the mountain and Hulk said something back like "I'm not holding it, just bracing it with some leverage".

Still impressive though. Take that Supes! (thumbs u

If a mountain weighs 150 billion tons, how much do you think the entire earth weighs, and Superman would be pulling that weight from a dead stop, with no earth to push against, not to mention, pulling against gravitational forces.

No contest.

Hulk's strength is not limitless. The limit has simply never been seen yet. The fact that he is powered by gamma radiation and a human body would indicate that his power has limits. At some point, his heart would simply explode.

Human bodies shouldn't be able to lift mountains either, but in Hulk form it's easy peasy.

There's never been a limit shown to Hulk's strength, ever. Based on all available data, history and precedent there's no basis for saying there's a limit.

"During times of high stress or anger, an increase in adrenaline causes the Hulk's strength to increase dramatically. There has never been a limit shown as to the highest strength the Hulk can reach thus it is assumed it is limitless. The Hulk has shown many incredible feats of the years, including holding up a 150 billion ton mountain during the Secret Wars and breaking open Onslaught's armor when the combined might of the rest of the world's heroes couldn't even make a scratch in it."

The Hulk possesses the potential for limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger. (From Hulk 109-111) This has been reflected in the repeated comment, "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets." After probing, the entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside." (Secret Wars #8) His durability, regeneration, and endurance also increase in proportion to his temper.(Hulk #394)

So the Beyonder, who'd be able to tell, says his power and strength have no limits.

That last part refutes the "Heart will just explode" hypothesis. As he grows in strength so does his entire physical structure to allow for the additional strength.

His capacity for physical strength is potentially limitless due to the fact that the Hulk's strength increases proportionally with his level of great emotional stress, anger in particular.

No limit has ever been found. Limitless at this point. Without proof the contrary all proof points to no limit.

The Hulk has not yet found an endpoint to his maximum strength, so its upper limit remains a mystery. While described as Class 100 strength, the Hulk has at times proven capable of exceeding this parameter several times over; following exposure to the warp core breach on planet Sakaar, his baseline strength is even higher.

Given that class 100 is ability to lift 100 tons, and the Hulk's lifted 150 BILLION tons at times...off the charts is a logical area to rate his strength.

Given all the evidence the Hulk is the only one with unlimited strength of the group...Superman making the 'passing a kidney stone" face BA cover excepted. lol

While i agree with you that Hulk is strongest, the Hulk did NOT "lift" a 150 billion ton mountain. That was my all time favorite comic book as a kid and i must have read it 1,000 times. I distinctly remember one of the heroes asking how he was holding up the mountain and Hulk said something back like "I'm not holding it, just bracing it with some leverage".

If a mountain weighs 150 billion tons, how much do you think the entire earth weighs, and Superman would be pulling that weight from a dead stop, with no earth to push against, not to mention, pulling against gravitational forces.

No contest.

Nobody has dropped the entire Earth on top of the Hulk yet so we dont know that he couldnt hold that up also. Hulk did smash something TWICE the size of the Earth with a single punch though. Has Supes done that?

No contest is right! As someone else stated, the entire premise of the Hulk is that he is the STRONGEST thing there is and that includes Supes in my book (thumbs u

Sorry if someone mentioned this already, but Marvel actually listed the top 10 of their heroes in pure strength in a comic in the late 1980's I believe.

The #1 character was Wonder Man.

I think it went:

1. Wonder Man

2. Hulk

3. Thing

4. ??

5. Spider-Man

Does anyone else remember that list? I wish I could recall the issue it was in....

Sorry if someone mentioned this already, but Marvel actually listed the top 10 of their heroes in pure strength in a comic in the late 1980's I believe.

I think it went:

1. Wonder Man

2. Hulk

3. Thing

4. ??

5. Spider-Man

Does anyone else remember that list? I wish I could recall the issue it was in....

I dont recall this list but dont see how spider-man could be #5. Surely heroes like Sasquatch, Colossus and Hercules are stronger than Spider-man.

I think it went:

1. Wonder Man

2. Hulk

3. Thing

4. ??

5. Spider-Man

I dont recall this list but dont see how spider-man could be #5. Surely heroes like Sasquatch, Colossus and Hercules are stronger than Spider-man.

Yea I know, but the freaking list was from Marvel. They did it, not me. Now somebody has to find that frackin list!

Spider Man #5???

I havent looked in like 25 years but when i was a kid and read the Official handbook of the Marvel Universe, i'm pretty sure it had Spidey listed as being able to bench like 5-10 tons. Even the Vision was at like 40 tons!

This is for STRENGTH alone, and does not include any other powers. Only Strength.

I know that among the DC and Marvel Universe there are stronger heros but for the sake of argument let's limit it to these 3 heros, which are some of the most popular.

I voted but I was looking for Mighty Mouse as one of the choices.

You guys still trying to make rational out of the irrational? lol

Look where you are... this isn't the society on how to end world famine. This is geekdom at it's finest. We can debate this mess until the cows come home (thumbs u

Look where you are... this isn't the society on how to end world famine. This is geekdom at it's finest. We can debate this mess until the cows come home (thumbs u

Carry on.

Carry on.

:roflmao:

Thor could get the most poontang, so Thor wins life.

The Sentry.

Hulk knocked him unconscious when he "wasn't holding back" and Thor ended up killing him under a similar scenario.

No contest.

Technically speaking, if the planet were at a dead stop, it'd cease to be in orbit and would just get pulled into the nearest star. If Superman wanted the most bang for his bicep buck, he'd probably try to push it out of orbit in the same direction as the planet is moving, almost like giving someone an underdog on a swing.

Of course, like someone already said, there's the concept of pressure to account for. If Superman applied enough force to move a planet but only distributed that force over the area the size of his body (at most), he'd just bury himself unless he hit a layer that was dense enough to not give in to the pressure Supes would be exerting. My guess is he would push his way right through the planet if he had enough power to move it.

The only time I remember anyone in comics addressing something like this was when Gladiator lifted the Baxter Building. He claimed it was Shi'ar technology that allowed him to apply that much force to a small area and not have the tower crumble under its own weight.

I know very little about Superman history, but as far as Marvel goes, Thor is hopelessly outclassed in the brute force department. Hulk will beat him every time. However, when you add in Thor's flight, lightning control, and hammer, Hulk now has a serious fight on his hands.