• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat.
8 8

1,128 posts in this topic

I just don't like pictures of me unless I am looking cute.... looking at pics of myself with bangs..short haircuts..dorothy hamill hair ..and pixies..etc.

Mmmmmm! I love pixies!

pixies04_color.jpg

:luhv:

And I'm sure there are other fellows on this board with big time Dorothy Hamill fetishes!

:devil:

So post them all!

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

My mom sent me an old photo album and here is a picture of my Dad's first "Plummerville" train set up around 1980ish..This was before he put in the mountains (you can see the white forms of the mountain range on the back end of the second sheet of wood this pic was in progress) he has probably broken down and rebuilt it every 3-4 yrs since then..shame really he tosses out the entire thing and starts from scratch.

Speaking of model train layouts, here are pictures from a couple built by famous rock stars:

ARod.jpgARod4.jpg

ARod2.jpg

ANeil.jpgANeil2.jpg

Edited by Hepcat

Hey Hepcat :hi:

Just wanted to say hello.

Maybe it is just me, but the tone and tenor of the boards have been a little weird the last few days. But it is always a pleasure to come to this thread and enjoy some good natured posting.

This thread is like an oasis among a desert of craziness :D And that's saying a lot considering it is being written by a cat!

Hey Hepcat :hi:

Just wanted to say hello.

Maybe it is just me, but the tone and tenor of the boards have been a little weird the last few days. But it is always a pleasure to come to this thread and enjoy some good natured posting.

This thread is like an oasis among a desert of craziness :D And that's saying a lot considering it is being written by a cat!

Agreed, "good stuff" happens here. :headbang:

I thought I would share my good luck penny. :grin:

PENNY_1854.jpg

You all are adept screen scraper's no? :idea:

Edited by frozentundraguy

Hepcat,

Great information on the turntables. I know I have played a few albums recently due to these discussions. (thumbs u

Good stuff! May vinyl live on and prosper!

My next project is to find a Garrard C6 headshell and to then get a custom base built for a new old stock Garrard GT55 turntable from the 1970's:

AGarrard.jpg:

I plan to get the base built from alternating layers of baltic birch which has gained renown for being acoustically dead. I envision a surface veneer of dark walnut to resemble the appearance of the vintage GT55 bases which were actually made at the time from cheap particle board covered with a vinyl veneer resembling woodgrain:

AGarrardGT-552.jpg

AGarrardGT-553.jpg

The GT55 will then serve to anchor a second sound system in my bedroom. The C6 headshell is proving incredibly difficult to find though and that part is required to mount a cartridge on the tonearm.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Hepcat,

Great information on the turntables. I know I have played a few albums recently due to these discussions. (thumbs u

Good stuff! May vinyl live on and prosper!

My next project is to find a Garrard C6 headshell and to then get a custom base built for a new old stock Garrard GT55 turntable from the 1970's:

AGarrard.jpg:

I plan to get the base built from alternating layers of baltic birch which has gained renown for being acoustically dead. I envision a surface veneer of dark walnut to resemble the appearance of the vintage GT55 bases which were actually made at the time from cheap particle board covered with a vinyl veneer resembling woodgrain:

AGarrardGT-552.jpg

AGarrardGT-553.jpg

The GT55 will then serve to anchor a second sound system in my bedroom. The C6 headshell is proving incredibly difficult to find though and that part is required to mount a cartridge on the tonearm.

;)

Restoring your Garrard GT55 turntable to be better than OEM, that's a great idea. (thumbs u Do you plan to do the work yourself? Keep us posted on the progress.

Restoring your Garrard GT55 turntable to be better than OEM, that's a great idea. (thumbs u Do you plan to do the work yourself?

No, not myself. There's an audiophile near Toronto who is a woodworker by trade. He makes custom maple, oak, walnut, etc bases for turntables. Here are a couple of pictures of bases he's built for other turntables:

Abase.jpg

Abase2.jpg

Getting back to the sports theme. I managed to hang onto a couple of my local team's yearbooks.

TWINS_67.jpg

65 was a great year for the Twins, but in the 7th game of the World Series Sandy Kofax came through bigtime for the Dodgers. The Dodgers won 2 to 0.

TWINS_65.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

Good help is so hard to find these days particularly for the kind of projects on which I'm working.

4562075255_671eaa206b_b.jpg

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a fully accredited lab assistant like this one?

AMadelineSmith-1.jpg

???

Edited by Hepcat

Good help is so hard to find these days particularly for the kind of projects on which I'm working.

4562075255_671eaa206b_b.jpg

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a fully accredited lab assistant like this one?

AMadelineSmith-1.jpg

???

I can think of several options. :insane:

A) Recheck the Mad Mad scientist Lab instruction booklets fine print. :wishluck:

B) Check your local yellow pages. (shrug)

C) Turn on your charm and do your Hollywood best, aka Tyrone Power! :idea:

Check and see how Tyrone Power gets his gal in the movie A Yank in the RAF.

He does cross into Canada to begin the movie!

Tyrone Power in "A Yank in the RAF"

What the hell did hepcat do? Maybe they were aiming at a popcorn vigilante and Hepcat was a victim of circumstance. :cry:

The Attractive Women thread got deleted.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5473971#Post5473971