• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat.
8 8

1,126 posts in this topic

I've been a big fan of Harveys since I first became aware of comics. I was more likely to plop down my dime for a Harvey title than a Dell title as a kid.

Here are some Casper items from my collection. First a Milton Bradley board game:

CasperGame.jpg

CasperGame2.jpg

CasperGame3.jpg

Here's a slide puzzle:

CasperhisTVPals.jpg

I also have a fabulous Casper lunchbox and thermos:

CasperLunchBox.jpg

CasperLunchBoxside.jpgCasperLunchBoxside2.jpg

CasperThermos6.jpgCasperThermos5.jpgCasperthermos4.jpgCasperThermos3.jpgCasperThermos2.jpgCasperThermos.jpg

And here are some scans from my Fleer Casper card set:

10-06-201255445PM.jpg

10-06-201255451PM.jpg

10-06-201255454PM.jpg

pimp.gif

Edited by Hepcat

Here my roommate Ace and I are waiting for head hostess Heide to open up the doors to Grandma's Diner for breakfast:

AceStyxHeidi2.jpg

AceStyxHeidi3.jpg

AceStyxHeidi.jpg

And here we are back on our front walk relaxing after breakfast:

AceStyx2.jpg

StyxAce3.jpg

AceStyx.jpg

AceinGarden.jpg

AceinCatMint.jpg

:cool:

Here are some more photos of the three Aurora monsters in hot rod kits I have in my collection:

The artwork on these Aurora kit boxes is the bomb!

The box art on the Aurora kits was done by James Bama. Here are few other fine Bama renderings:

bamaposter1.jpg

bamafrk.jpg

bama_frankenstein.jpg

204332_1020_A.jpg

bama.jpg

james-bama-messalina.jpg

RobertMaguire_IPreferGirls.jpg

HitlersbaboontorturesMansDaringJan1962-8x61.jpg

The box art on the Aurora kits was done by James Bama. Here are few other fine Bama renderings:

How the heck did I not ever know this. Seriously. All of the useless info I've accumulated over a lifetime, and this escapes me.

Thanks. You made an otherwise work-filled night meaningful.

How the heck did I not ever know this. Seriously. All of the useless info I've accumulated over a lifetime, and this escapes me.

I actually thought that was pretty common knowledge. James Bama is perhaps still best known for his Aurora box art:

bama3.jpg

JCbridefranknstnMIBA_lg.jpg

Here's a list of the Aurora monster model kits with James Bama's artwork:

Frankenstein

Dracula

Wolf Man

Creature

Mummy

Phantom of the Opera

Customizing Monster Kit

Customizing Monster Kit Featuring the Vulture & Mad Dog

Godzilla

King Kong

Bride of Frankenstein

Witch

Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde

Hunchback of Notre Dame

Dracula's Dragster

Frankenstein's Flivver

Mummy's Chariot

Wolf Man's Wagon

Addams Family Haunted House

Munsters

Gigantic Frankenstein

Monster Colors (paint set)

He's also known for hundreds of Bantam paperback covers including 62 Doc Savage ones:

feathoct.jpgalwaysnight.jpgannilihist.jpgpc-wfgob.jpgpc-qui.jpgmysmullah.jpgdevilmoon.jpg

StarTrekBantam1967.jpg

His Western and WWII action renderings for Bantam, such as those for "Cross of Iron" and "Hitler Moves East", and for the men's sweat magazines also rank up there with the best of genre:

JamesBama1.jpg

What Bama most likes to paint these days are Indians of the Old West which are sold as signed and numbered prints.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Here are some more pictures of my board games. First my Lost in Space board game:

LostinSpaceGame3.jpg

LostinSpaceGame.jpg

LostinSpaceGame2.jpg

Here are my Marvel super hero themed board games:

SuperHeroesGame.jpg

SuperHeroesGameInside.jpg

SuperHeroesGameAgainInside2.jpg

SpiderManGame2.jpg

SpiderManGame.jpg

SpiderManGame4.jpg

Here are a couple of my other superhero board games. First the Superman one:

SupermanGame.jpg

Second, a Transogram game with a great theme but annoyingly ill executed:

MightyComicsSuperHeroesGame.jpg

SuperHeroesGame2.jpg

Pictured on the cover are the Fly, Captain Flag, the Shield, Black Hood and Flygirl. They all look fine, but why was Captain Flag, who had a grand total of only one additional appearance in comics since Blue Ribbon Comics ceased publication in 1942, chosen instead of the Jaguar who not only had his own comic in the early sixties but had ongoing appearances in Pep and Laugh? And why was his name given an extra "g" on the character list at the bottom of the box? Worse yet, who were the Hood, Mr. Fox, Mr. Jag and Mr. Steel? Now Archie had characters named Black Hood, the Fox, the Jaguar and Steel Sterling but not the the Hood, Mr. Fox, Mr. Jag and Mr. Steel. The people at Transogram and Archie Publications were very careless indeed when they brought this game to market.

Here are some good pictures of my Casper board game:

CasperGame.jpg

CasperGame2.jpg

CasperGame3.jpg

My Terrytoons game:

TerrytoonsHidenSeekGame.jpg

TerrytoonsHidenSeekGame2.jpg

TerrytonnsHidenSeekGame4.jpg

TerrytoonsHidenSeekGame3.jpg

My Tom and Jerry game:

TomJerryGame2-1.jpg

TomJerryGame3.jpg

And my Howdy Doody board game:

HowdyDoodysAventureGame.jpg

HowdyDoodysAdventureGame2.jpg

HowdyDoodysAdventureGameBoard.jpg

I'm a big fan and collector of all the different coins that were issued as premiums during the early and mid sixties in potato chips and other products. For example, a set of sixty Space Orbit coins were issued as premiums in Dare, Krun-Chee and Hunter's Potato Chips in Canada in 1965(?). Here are scans of some of my Dare coins:

23-08-2012121150AM.jpg

23-08-2012121153AM.jpg

23-08-2012121155AM.jpg

And here are scans of some of my Krun-Chee coins:

26-08-201295502PM.jpg

23-08-2012121203AM.jpg

The Dare coins are more common than the Krun-Chee ones since Dare chips were distributed in and around Toronto while the Krun-Chee chip plant was in Windsor and the chips weren't sold much beyond southwestern Ontario. Krun-Chee chips were not that common even in London when I was a kid. Meanwhile, the Hunter's Space Orbit coins are the toughest of them all. I have only one.

A U.S. variant of the Space Orbit coin set was also issued with Gordon's Potato Chips, Krun-Chee Corn Chips and Drenk's Corn Chips . To avoid offending delicate American sensibilities, the coins of Commie Soviets Yuri Gagarin, Gherman Titov and Nikita Kruschev were replaced with coins bearing less threatening images. Here is a scan of a sheet of my Gordon's ones:

26-08-201295458PM.jpg

As you can see, John Kennedy was deemed a suitable image albeit Kruschev was not. Here's a scan of a sheet of my Krun-Chee Corn Chip coins:

23-08-2012121148AM.jpg

Here are scans of my Space Magic coins that were premiums within Krun-Chee, Schuler's and Nalley's Potato Chips in 1964 or so:

26-08-201295506PM.jpg

26-08-201295512PM.jpg

26-08-201295509PM.jpg

26-08-201295513PM.jpg

Although all these brands were also sold somewhere in Canada at the time, my impression is that these coins were only distributed in the U.S. since that's where they all seem to originate these days.

A twenty coin set of Warships were also issued by Krun-Chee and Schuler's in Canada in late 1962 or early 1963. Here are my Krun-Chee ones:

27-08-2012112738PM.jpg

02-09-2012104730PM.jpg

And here are scans of my Batman coin set:

10-06-201251841PM.jpg

10-06-201251853PM.jpg