• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DROOLS!!!!!

18 posts in this topic

Sweet Mother Of God!!!! I hope someone from here gets there hands on that collection. Looks pretty damn nice. cool.gif

Yeah, well, IF anyone *wins* that collection, it'll be 6 months or more before it's ever shipped to them...

A person could open a store based on those books alone!!!

Imagine if they all got graded by CGC....we are talking mucho casho.

OHHHHH how I will have nightmares tonight of my lack of money.

Sweet Mother Of God!!!! I hope someone from here gets there hands on that collection. Looks pretty damn nice. cool.gif

Yeah, well, IF anyone *wins* that collection, it'll be 6 months or more before it's ever shipped to them...

Yea that company always takes a long time to ship....but they always have a really great selection. If you can get over the time it takes to ship, you always get a pretty good deal with that seller.

wonder how long it would take to read all those comics??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

do they look nice enough to get slabbed? Looks like a nice collection of Silver DCs in F, a few better, most worse. Cmon, Im buying the explanation of why they resell entire collections like this one...but when they buy a really NICE collection do you really think they prefer to wholesale it out like this?? Also, what if they already pulled a handful of nicer books and keys. Why not? A lot is a lot...doesnt have to be EVERY comic they bought from the guy.

I wonder how much they paid to get it . They say it guides at $27,000

I Always wonder how much these dealers pay for these collections.

Anyone have a clue?

My guess? About $5000.00. Be interested in other opinions.

Probably very few if any books would be worth grading. Looks like pretty much any decent LCS back issue selection.

REMEMBER:

LOW AND MID-GRADE books are PLENTIFUL.

That's why very high-grade books sell for so much more. cool.gif

Probably very few if any books would be worth grading. Looks like pretty much any decent LCS back issue selection.

REMEMBER:

LOW AND MID-GRADE books are PLENTIFUL.

That's why very high-grade books sell for so much more. cool.gif

yup. Thats what Im saying too.

As for what they paid? They mention the reserve is a modest 30% of Guide, about 10K so lets say they paid tops 7500 and could have gotten real lucky if this guy was real desperate and in a jam (3000?)

C'mon people, a little common sense please...

"lateshippingstuffcollectibles"...I mean "neatstuffcollectibles" lists hundreds of modern junk books individually every week at .01c with no reserve (and a lot of it does NOT sell at above the cost of listing)---- but books like FF7 ASM2 #129 Flash 105 they're going to lump all together????? This makes sense, how?

Anybody who wins this lot -even at the bare minimum- deserves the fleecing they're sure to receive. Put a little research into your potential sellers and put 2 + 2 together (or in this case, 2 - 2 )!

Rick

C'mon people, a little common sense please...

"lateshippingstuffcollectibles"...I mean "neatstuffcollectibles" lists hundreds of modern junk books individually every week at .01c with no reserve (and a lot of it does NOT sell at above the cost of listing)---- but books like FF7 ASM2 #129 Flash 105 they're going to lump all together????? This makes sense, how?

Anybody who wins this lot -even at the bare minimum- deserves the fleecing they're sure to receive. Put a little research into your potential sellers and put 2 + 2 together (or in this case, 2 - 2 )!

Rick

I agree. If it's too good to be true, it DEFINITELY is in the comic world. thumbsup2.gif

I wonder how much they paid to get it . They say it guides at $27,000

I Always wonder how much these dealers pay for these collections.

Anyone have a clue?

Probably 1 cent to 3 cents a book - probably got them in a thousand or so boxes deal - distributor/dealer stock. When I have bought stores out in the past we paid no more than 5 cents a book.

I would look at that Marvel Mystery # 2 in their other auctions for the real deal..