• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Featured Auction did you win or lose

256 posts in this topic

Nothin, nada, ZILCH!

Got my kicked on all 3 books i bid on tonight :(

:sorry:

Tell me about it! Not used to coming out of a Clink auction without a good haul of books. One of you BSD dealers needs to cheer me up with a 9.6 Avengers 38 or 48!!! lol

If you like OA, take a look at the (similiar) splash page from the same TOS 11.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=520048&GSub=82294

That is just spectacular!!!!! (worship) (worship) :cloud9::headbang:

Yes that splash is phenomenal truly wonderful :luhv:

And I too got steamrolled on tonight's bidding :tonofbricks: ... I was hoping all the money would have been drained by now - I know mine had been :P

deep pockets is right

I won the Amazing Spider-Man #129 CGC 9.2 White for $775.00 thought is was a good deal and then started looking for other good deals to get my shipping costs down. Couldn't find another comic! I'm in Canada and am going to get killed on shipping. Hope to break even on the book.

I like the correction going on with the higher grade Bronze books. I blogged about some of the results at comicbookdaily.com.

Walter

I'm happy with my copy.

ST_80lg.jpg

That is one sweet looking copy. (worship)

Put me on the long list of future buyers for that baby!! :headbang::cloud9:

That is one sick copy! Who says a book that is mind-oggling has to be slabbed! :sick:

I won the Amazing Spider-Man #129 CGC 9.2 White for $775.00 thought is was a good deal and then started looking for other good deals to get my shipping costs down. Couldn't find another comic! I'm in Canada and am going to get killed on shipping. Hope to break even on the book.

I like the correction going on with the higher grade Bronze books. I blogged about some of the results at comicbookdaily.com.

Walter

I know what you mean with the hope of combined shipping as I too am in Canada - I go a bit overboard on that myself lol. I use "combined shipping" as my excuse to buy more books :screwy:

But if you call them and say you want to hold off paying for a week or so they should be cool with it. That may buy you some time to keep watch of their site for new books or get some bid/counter-bid negotiations happening to add some more books to your package.

Good Luck and WTTB

Who says a book that is mind-oggling has to be slabbed!

They are much easier to appreciate when they aren't. :cloud9:

I sold way too soon doh!

Don`t worry, you`re in good company with pretty much anyone who has ever sold a true vintage comic book during the entire history of the hobby.

GL#76 CGC 9.8 gets killed at just under $16K [which is more than this book is worth IMO]. Previous 9.8 sale $37K. :tonofbricks:

chasing those temporarily highest graded books :insane:

To think, some people spent 10K18K on a 9.4. :blush:

Fixed that for you.

Walter

Walt, if they are going to be in Philly I can pick up the book for you in two weeks.

Let me know.

(thumbs u