• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Scott,

I've had pretty good dealings with strongside. Nice fellah. I did have a nice HOM 179 that I bought from him with a staple-pop. Sweet copy, but the defect hadn't been mentioned in the auction & when I talked to him about it, he didn't seem overly concerned about the 'pop.' I asked for & received a full refund upon returning the book to him. All other books that I've bought from him have been very, very nice however!! Congrats upon finally getting your books - that has GOT to be a relief!

Does anyone know who drew the cover (pencils)...Ernie Chua?

Link

You got me. I do know one thing, I would like to get the OA to that sweet cover 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It is one of my favorite cover of the series...even if the contents are reprints insane.gif

Does anyone know who drew the cover (pencils)...Ernie Chua?

Link

Possibly Joe Staton... though he usually signed his work.

But he's who came to mind as soon as I saw the cover.

Shep

In my opinion, this is unlikely to be Staton-- he's much looser, cartoony if you will. Plus in 1974 I think Staton was still a fan artist-- maybe he was doing E-Man for Charlton by then, but nothing for DC or Marvel. Chua is a good guess, although '74 is a bit early for him as well. Hmmm, Dan Adkins?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Speaking of which, I visited a small local con today. There were about a dozen or so exhibitors and practically NO bronze age horror to be had (that is unless Sterling got there before me, and bought it all!!). Believe it or not, this is the only HG bronze horror book that I found. frustrated.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

1224053-HOM174.jpg

Sweet book, looks like a nice find. Bobcat has a nice one listed this week along with some other purdy BA horror books. popcorn.gif

Speaking of which, I visited a small local con today. There were about a dozen or so exhibitors and practically NO bronze age horror to be had (that is unless Sterling got there before me, and bought it all!!). Believe it or not, this is the only HG bronze horror book that I found. frustrated.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

1224053-HOM174.jpg

Sweet book, looks like a nice find. Bobcat has a nice one listed this week along with some other purdy BA horror books. popcorn.gif

Yes, the Bobcat books are nice especially the 186, but man the starting bids for 9.2 are a little bit much in my opinion. I am sure they will sell, just not to me. tongue.gif

Scott

I can say this, the reserve is more than $300 on the 174 cgc 9.2

Well, the Rosa 9.0 went for $280+ in October. So, yeah this 9.2 should go well beyond that I would think. $4-500? Any other guesses?

1224053-HOM174.jpg

Sweet book, looks like a nice find.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh God, so much for Sterling going cold turkey. foreheadslap.gif

Well, the good news is that I already have those issues...I don't feel compelled for a small upgrade although the wrap on the 209 smokes my DR copy. Bobcat should've cashed in on those issues years ago while I was scarfing up those issues. The HOM 210 is the first CGC 9.9 in the series if I'm not mistaken...

Too bad about the 190 and 214...those are still on the want list.