• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Luis Dominguez is underrated I think. Although, the few stories I've seen art for I wasn't as thrilled as I was when I see his covers. There is just something about these "shock n awe" covers that really take me back to my reading days...3 books for $1.25.

The "problem"(if you can call it that) with Dominguez is that his artwork is inconsistent. Just like Jack Sparling. Some covers make you catch your breath while others...well, aren't all that memorable.

The "problem"(if you can call it that) with Dominguez is that his artwork is inconsistent. Just like Jack Sparling. Some covers make you catch your breath while others...well, aren't all that memorable.

I agree with you...but in a broader sense...every artist misses the mark now and again. Perhaps it is perceived he misses almost as much as he hits. He definitely had plenty of practice, because LD was ALL OVER DC covers at the time I was actively reading as a kid.

Sterling, whats your thoughts on Bobcat Enterprises latest offering's on ebay right now.

There's several key's there, Greggy is bidding in on, and incidentally do you know who 'Judeloo' is???

Anyway, the 9.9 House of Mystery 210 is something special! What a cover to have in such a sublime grade!!

Besides the HofM being a 9.9 it is a relatively easy to find in nm- and above. At least for me it has been. However, I cannot think of any other pre75 DC Horror book above 9.8 so this should be fun to watch.

Besides the HofM being a 9.9 it is a relatively easy to find in nm- and above. At least for me it has been. However, I cannot think of any other pre75 DC Horror book above 9.8 so this should be fun to watch.

Definitely popcorn time. popcorn.gif

Yeah...I would like the issue, but for the money I'd be spending I'd rather spend it on a 9.4 key issue to decrease potential volatility. I'd like the 209 more for the better cover wrap to my 9.6 as opposed to being enthralled about the .2 grade bump.

Sterling, whats your thoughts on Bobcat Enterprises latest offering's on ebay right now.

There's several key's there, Greggy is bidding in on, and incidentally do you know who 'Judeloo' is???

Anyway, the 9.9 House of Mystery 210 is something special! What a cover to have in such a sublime grade!!

I commented about this a few posts back. For the most part, it's popcorn time for me.

Horror Books finally graded! Thought I post it here as well. More details in the General forum. So go there to read about them if you care.

HofM 190 -- 9.2 white only 1 copy better

HofM 188 -- 9.4 white tied for highest

Witching Hour 4 - 9.2 white and single highest

I really lucked out on these books. I paid reasonable raw prices which makes it all the better. The book I was really pulling for was the WH 4 and it came back what I hoped for. Us DC horror fans know how tough that book is in nice shape. I can't wait to have them in hand.

Thanks for the congrats

Edited by Buck Biggins

I commented about this a few posts back. For the most part, it's popcorn time for me.

Cheers, I have to agree. Sit back and see whaere it all ends up. Though they are are exceptional books, I'm guessing you have these already in grade, a long time ago.

at least 9.4 or better...so these would be upgrades. My goal is 9.4 or better, not the best damn books out there...ever. The 209 cut is much better than mine.

As expected the 209 and 210 went for super high prices.

I thought I might have a chance at $500 on the 209, but boy was I wrong.

250 dollars wrong. 893whatthe.gif

Well the 208 went for a steal.

Edited by Rip

Seeing how Redfishing won the 208 if anybody else went after it the price would have went through the roof like the others. I was deciding on the 186 and in the last half hour I decided that I would wait. Even the HofM 219 cgc 9.6 went for $272.

Judeloo is Bonds news.gif