• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

Ditto...it seems like to me this seller is within the bounds of acceptance on books...I'm not hearing milehigh types of discrepencies (NM being FN) here.

That's exactly why part of me feels wrong to complain about the HOS #89 when I would have gladly paid 8.0 guide for the HOS #84 ($35), 9.2 guide for the HOM #192 ($42) and 8.0 guide for the HOM #207 ($21). That's a total of $98 I would have spent at my LCS but got em on ebay fer $42.01(saving $55.99). I probably would have offered about $30 to $35 for the HOS #89 if I had seen it at the LCS, so that means I overpaid $80 to $85. That's $25 to $30 on the short end, which to me, is right at the tolerance threshold. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's exactly why part of me feels wrong to complain about the HOS #89 when I would have gladly paid 8.0 guide for the HOS #84 ($35), 9.2 guide for the HOM #192 ($42) and 8.0 guide for the HOM #207 ($21). That's a total of $98 I would have spent at my LCS but got em on ebay fer $42.01(saving $55.99). I probably would have offered about $30 to $35 for the HOS #89 if I had seen it at the LCS, so that means I overpaid $80 to $85. That's $25 to $30 on the short end, which to me, is right at the tolerance threshold. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's freaking ridiculous. $112 for a VF+ advertised as NM??? Who cares about the other comics, you got arse-raped on the HOS 89. No attempt at rationalizing will change that fact. foreheadslap.gif

That's freaking ridiculous. $112 for a VF+ advertised as NM??? Who cares about the other comics, you got arse-raped on the HOS 89. No attempt at rationalizing will change that fact. foreheadslap.gif

I would have stated it a little more diplomatically, but yeah, that pretty much sums it up. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, your right. sorry.gif I just sent him an e-mail explaining my issues with the comics. I told him I would have bid $30 max for the HOS #89 if I had been aware of it's true condition which is $86 less than what I actually paid but considering I saved $56 on what I would have paid for the other 3 comics, I asked for a refund or credit for the difference ($30). I'll let ya'all know how he responds. popcorn.gif

I won four comics from this guy and for those interested, here's my take.

House of Secrets #84 - with shipping I paid $21.50 - This issue was listed as Very Fine - I feel this comic might be a bit undergraded. It does have a large arrival date written on cover in grease pencil but otherwise book has good corners, gloss, and no color breaking creases or stress lines. I grade it a very strong VF+ 8.5 with a realistic chance of grading VF/NM 9.0 depending how much you penalize it for the date written in grease pencil on the cover. I am very happy with this book for the price I paid. A minus grade for seller on his grading and description for this auction. yay.gif

House of Mystery #192 - with shipping I paid $11.01 - This issue was listed as Very Fine/Near Mint - This was the nicest of the four comics I won. Sharp corners, excellent cover gloss, and no visable flaws to speak of. I grade it at least VF/NM 9.0 but probably a solid NM- 9.2 with an outside shot(10 to 15% chance) at NM 9.4 when it's sent in for grading. I'm exyreamly pleased with this comic. A+ grade for seller on this auction yay.gifyay.gif

House of Mystery #207 - with shipping I paid $9.50 - this was listed as VF/NM - You could tell from the scan that it wasn't close to listed grade(spine stress). I bidded accordingly and got it for a good price considering it's got a Wrightson cover and Starlin art. I grade it a solid 8.0. Again, due to the low price paid, I'm very pleased with this comic. C grade for seller (lowered due to seller overgrading comic).

House of Secrets #89 - with shipping I paid $115.50 - this book was listed as NM. It wasn't even close! Huge spine flaw in middle of comic. Grade is VF+ 8.5 at best! I feel totally cheated on this auction. F minus grade for seller due to total misrep of comic condition.

My question is this. Since I felt great about the other 3 auctions am I being unreasonable to complain about the HOS #89. Ya'all's imput is appreciated.

As usual, from my experiences the grading on Ebay is more likely to be off in the higher grades than in the mid and lower grades. Since price really starts to escalate around 9.2 and up, there is NO WAY that I would ever buy a raw comic on Ebay advertised as being any higher than a VF/NM. I think since the 9.0s and under (generally speaking) are reasonably priced, dealers are not trying to squeeze that extra grade as much as with higher grade books. Yeah, it happens when they say 9.0 and you get a 7.5 or a 8.0, but the frequency is much less, and considering you are not talking multiples in price for an 8.0 or a 9.0, it is much easier to take, and less costly for sure. Granted, I'm not really into high grades, but during times when I was looking for a super high grade book, I just wait for the conventions. I feel that if you are looking for a 9.4 and up raw book on Ebay and you actually get one, consider yourself lucky, as it is certainly not the norm.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?...y&id=644531

Ok.. I am praying this book does not sell for anywhere near the listed price.

Agreed. If it does... I'm going to be on the way out of the nicer grades. No way can I deal with a price like that! I saw that book last night & just about fell out of my chair at the price...

If it does sell close to that I guess I'm out of the 9.2 grade I like so much. Thats just a dumb asking price but you know somebody out there is thinking about it. Heck, I sold a fine for like $20.

2 words...ok a hyphenated word...PRE-CODE

Already on my way there to precode horror. Also focusing on Sensation Comics 80-106 and OA. However, I need to educate myself more before I drop much dough. I love DC Horror but certain issues are getting to out of wack. I did pick this up the other day for a fair price(see link)....

0f_1.jpg

EBAY

Sterling's CGC copy was the last to sell on CLINK and it sold fer $325. headbang.gif I can't remember if it was a 9.0 or 9.2 CGC copy and I have no idea what the page quality was...............................Sterling? confused-smiley-013.gif

october told me not to sell it.... foreheadslap.gif

1273142-HOM_175_CGC_9_0_OWW_0094203002.JPG

and it sold so quickly I think I should've bumped the price. I concur with the seller of the current HOM that it's much better to start high and then drop, than to sell too cheaply. This ish is a beeyotch to find in grade. I can honestly say that after collecting the series hardcore for 4+ years.

1273142-HOM_175_CGC_9_0_OWW_0094203002.JPG.aeb06777e7141a2b0394a64cad6b43a5.JPG