• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

Dice, why did that book get a 7.0? I've seen 9.0s that look much worse. Congrats on your grail!

The book has no stress and sharp corners. There is a small almost unnoticeable crack to the ink on the tip of one corner. From the front cover it's visually a solid 9.4/9.6.

The back cover has a little creamyness at the corners and possibly even a little foxing. They hammered the grade because of it. The book was slabbed before I got it signed and it got the same grade from the CGC both times.

Heartbreaking, but far and away the nicest 7.0 that will ever be on the census. :cloud9:

I'll never sell it anyway, so the grade really doesn't matter much to me.

123742.jpg

Yeppers. Foxing and heavy tanning like that will get hammered everytime.

:sorry:

Dice, why did that book get a 7.0? I've seen 9.0s that look much worse. Congrats on your grail!

The book has no stress and sharp corners. There is a small almost unnoticeable crack to the ink on the tip of one corner. From the front cover it's visually a solid 9.4/9.6.

The back cover has a little creamyness at the corners and possibly even a little foxing. They hammered the grade because of it. The book was slabbed before I got it signed and it got the same grade from the CGC both times.

Heartbreaking, but far and away the nicest 7.0 that will ever be on the census. :cloud9:

I'll never sell it anyway, so the grade really doesn't matter much to me.

123742.jpg

Yeppers. Foxing and heavy tanning like that will get hammered everytime.

:sorry:

That's too bad. The front cover QP is stellar.

on eBay theres a signed Swamp Thing #9 (signed by Bernie Wrightson)

8.5 cgc Yellow Label for $75

well priced?

Yeah...that's a decent price. A Swamp Thing #9 CGC 9.0 signed by Bernie just sold for $100 in March 2012.

Question would you guys count Phantom Stranger as horror or more of a mystery, hero type of comic.

I consider him a hybrid...more of an occult type character a la Doctor Graves meets Doctor Strange, but it's hard to argue the earlier material (which was considerably stronger) with Adams covers.

I'm probably old school, but horror has always meant to me the ancient anthology format. Yes, there are titles that will contradict that statement--but that to me is my personal definition.

The ongoing storyline DC tried to sell me in the HOM reboot really irritated me, for example. Current Creepy comic = :cloud9:

Question would you guys count Phantom Stranger as horror or more of a mystery, hero type of comic.

but it's hard to argue the earlier material (which was considerably stronger) with Adams covers.

Its funny you would say that because i recently got cgc 7.0 of phantom stranger #13, because of the cover which was very interesting to me and when i looked at it further it said cover by Neal Adams and I actually asked the question in the first place to see if this was the place to post a picture of it.

Edited by DeadPoolJr.

Its funny you would say that because i recently got cgc 7.0 of phantom stranger #13, because of the cover which was very interesting to me and when i looked at it further it said cover by Neal Adams and I actually asked the question in the first place to see if this was the place to post a picture of it.

Hells to the yeah! Post them Phantoms! We've had Man-Wolf and Man-Thing posted :facepalm:, so no worries.

Yeah, PS is a hybrid but it has enough horror elements to be horror to me. Weird War Tales is similar.

The key difference is anthology vs repeating character. It would be like saying Creature Commandos in Weird War was horror (snicker). But I agree the occult aspect of Phantom Stranger makes it enough for me too to consider it horror.