• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

I think I know where those books are still sitting unsold. It's sort of funny, I used to hate it when books I want were put in auctions. Nowadays it makes me and my bank account happy.

Patience is a virue, that's for sure :baiting:

Decided to purchase this one for not too bad of a price on the Bay.

$(KGrHqJ,!o!E9c7bl4yvBPquoRzzow~~60_57.JPG

Dang you! I saw that one and would've liked the upgrade. QP could be better though :baiting:

Nice snag and I agree price was very good. Can't argue with WHITE pages...those surrounding issues are scarcer than hen's teeth with that PQ.

I was meaning to ask what folks thought about this sale. $800 seems excessive for a HoS96 9.8 w/white pages to me. What do you guys think?

I offered $500 for it and the seller didn't even counter....

HoS96

I'm thinking you need to stay away :baiting:

Decided to purchase this one for not too bad of a price on the Bay.

$(KGrHqJ,!o!E9c7bl4yvBPquoRzzow~~60_57.JPG

Dang you! I saw that one and would've liked the upgrade. QP could be better though :baiting:

Nice snag and I agree price was very good. Can't argue with WHITE pages...those surrounding issues are scarcer than hen's teeth with that PQ.

:grin:

750 points on the HoM ladder, this one was a no brainer for me. There's another 9.6 copy on WWComics that I've been looking at but they want $500 for it and its off white. This one was perfect and the premium was in my range.

I was meaning to ask what folks thought about this sale. $800 seems excessive for a HoS96 9.8 w/white pages to me. What do you guys think?

I offered $500 for it and the seller didn't even counter....

HoS96

I'm thinking you need to stay away :baiting:

hm

It's tempting and I've paid ridiculous prices before. If the seller would have met me half way I would definitely have picked it up. :)

Hopefully, someone will buy it and an undercopy will come to market. :wishluck:

It's tempting and I've paid ridiculous prices before. If the seller would have met me half way I would definitely have picked it up. :)

Hopefully, someone will buy it and an undercopy will come to market. :wishluck:

Thanks for reminding me about the other 9.6---I remember why I didn't get that copy--price and PQ.

Yeah-I invented stoopid prices paid...been there done that. I've saved hundreds of dollars not being the first jerk on the block with a high grade copy in the last year.

The Vault of Kramerica was nice enough to produce this beauty when I needed it most. I think this is the last one to fall in the run. The #36 & this one are just tough, tough, tough. When I saw the #36 9.8 finally fall I thought it was time to get this in. It lessens the crushing blow I received with a Avengers #57 8.5 PLOD in the same batch.

jm01.jpg

My first Sig Series submission...

Tied with one other book at high SS on the census...

wrightson01.jpg

My first ever copy of a grail I have wanted forever...

wrightson02.jpg

The lone highest SS book on the census...

wrightson03.jpg

:whee:

My first Sig Series submission...

Tied with one other book at high SS on the census...

wrightson01.jpg

:whee:

Not a big sig fan, but this one book could change my mind, it's a beaut.

I'm not a huge sig fan either but that's a sweet batch of Wrightson books, none of which I've acquired yet.

:(

You know, I haven't seen the sale pop up in GPA yet. Normally, it seems like the updates are pretty quick coming from eBay transactions. Did he take the sale offline?

Edited by Walls

Dice, why did that book get a 7.0? I've seen 9.0s that look much worse. Congrats on your grail!

The book has no stress and sharp corners. There is a small almost unnoticeable crack to the ink on the tip of one corner. From the front cover it's visually a solid 9.4/9.6.

The back cover has a little creamyness at the corners and possibly even a little foxing. They hammered the grade because of it. The book was slabbed before I got it signed and it got the same grade from the CGC both times.

Heartbreaking, but far and away the nicest 7.0 that will ever be on the census. :cloud9:

I'll never sell it anyway, so the grade really doesn't matter much to me.

123742.jpg