• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG (not CGC) holder professionally tested PLASTIC NOT ARCHIVAL!!!

411 posts in this topic

What pecuniary interest, if any, does the submitter of the test samples have of discrediting CGG?? kev?? You can disclose that cant you? Or simply, does he have any interest at all in discrediting CGG?

what if the motive was to acertain that the materials he was storing his NM FF1, AF15, Action 1, high grade key issue etc.. was really of safe archival caliber as opposed to a comic book death trap.

Let's at least be realistic.....

27_laughing.gif OK, I meant to say his Origin 1, and Nm Cherry Poptart 1 tongue.gif

could someone just crack open one of their cgg's and smell the damn well?

I have one cracked CGG holder and several cracked CGC holders and can't tell the difference by smell.

But the CGG holder has a distinctively "fishy" taste. grin.gif

You try adding seasoning next time, perhaps rosemary or thyme. I would also suggest a delicate white wine with you CGG slab. thumbsup2.gif

What pecuniary interest, if any, does the submitter of the test samples have of discrediting CGG?? kev?? You can disclose that cant you? Or simply, does he have any interest at all in discrediting CGG?

what if the motive was to acertain that the materials he was storing his NM FF1, AF15, Action 1, high grade key issue etc.. was really of safe archival caliber as opposed to a comic book death trap.

So why release the findings to Kev to be released to the rest of us under the condition of anonymity?

Was this "Mysterious Benefactor" afraid that CGG would come after him? I suppose the two of them could pile in their truck and drive across country... but let's be realistic, they're comic guys. A trio of girl scouts could take care of them.

Let's at least be realistic.....

27_laughing.gif OK, I meant to say his Origin 1, and Nm Cherry Poptart 1 tongue.gif

That's better.... flowerred.gif

could someone just crack open one of their cgg's and smell the damn well?

I have one cracked CGG holder and several cracked CGC holders and can't tell the difference by smell.

But the CGG holder has a distinctively "fishy" taste. grin.gif

You try adding seasoning next time, perhaps rosemary or thyme. I would also suggest a delicate white wine with you CGG slab. thumbsup2.gif

And some shaved almonds.......mmmmmmm. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So why release the findings to Kev to be released to the rest of us under the condition of anonymity?

I don't know why they wanted to remain anonymous, but I respected his/her wishes. I think it's important information.

Kev

Was this "Mysterious Benefactor" afraid that CGG would come after him? I suppose the two of them could pile in their truck and drive across country... but let's be realistic, they're comic guys. A trio of girl scouts could take care of them.

no doubt, but what about the comic thugs that have sworn their lives and fortunes over to CGG and the protection of their investment at any cost? These guys make gov't spooks look like boy scouts...

CGC's inner well is made from BAREX, which is considered archivally sound.

That's the word on the street, but has anyone ripped open a CGC slab and submitted the inner and outer holder in the same way?

My question for you is, how are you affiliated with CGC?

Professionally? I'm not.

Well... they are coming to my convention in June.

Kev

I was just curious because you take the pro-CGC stance to a different level. (In other words, you're a much better CGC Rep than Darth.)

sorry.gif

I don't know why they wanted to remain anonymous, but I respected his/her wishes. I think it's important information.

Kev

It IS important information. It is the final nail in CGG's coffin.

Now, why would this person want to ANONYMOUSLY destroy CGG? That's important information, too.

no doubt, but what about the comic thugs that have sworn their lives and fortunes over to CGG and the protection of their investment at any cost? These guys make gov't spooks look like boy scouts...

Not like the pansies, fops, and person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bags that sacrifice their dignity, credibility and self-respect in the defense of their CGC slabs, right?

This Clark Khaos poster has a very familiar tone about him.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have no idea what you're talking about! Surely you're not insinuating that this is a poorly-crafted secret identity invented to protect my true secret identity?!!?

Back to the trailer park you go.....

That's the word on the street, but has anyone ripped open a CGC slab and submitted the inner and outer holder in the same way?

I don't know. I assume that since CGC has made no secret as to what they are made of that people actually believe them. Someone should independantly test the material, give me the report if you want... you can do it anonymously if you like. gossip.gif

If CGG had announced what their holders were made of then it's less likely that someone else would have submitted it for testing.

Kev