• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG (not CGC) holder professionally tested PLASTIC NOT ARCHIVAL!!!

411 posts in this topic

"Who's the most trustworthy forum member on these boards?" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bronzebruce13!

Bruce or Dam both seem like good, upfront guys to me.

-- Joanna

frown.gif

You don't think they're trustworthy?

Don't go getting a big head just because I said you're a better shill than Darth. This whole thing still reeks.

Yes, it has that new car smell.

CGG shills - go ahead and let your books rot in a CGG shell for all I care. Don't come crying to me when your CGG books turns a funny color. I've passed along the information I was given, you can choose to believe it or not. My job is done.

Even if you don't believe me, it would be in your best interest to ask Daniel, Donald, Moe, Larry, Curly or even Shemp what their wells are made of.

Kev

No need to get testy, Kev. You're just the unwitting pawn in the whole scheme, we get that. I'm just saying that CLEARLY this person has an anti-CGG agenda... yet they won't come forward as having done the "legwork", as it were. Why do you suppose that is? What is this person (or persons) afraid of?

Seems to me that the person who is doing all this should have NO trouble stepping forward and "owning it", as it were... If you can offer a GOOD reason why they would be afraid to do so, please, lay it on me.

to throw my two cents in its says

two clear plastic samples not identified by customer

How do we even know what the customer submitted?

How about two clear plastic samples? 893frustrated.gif

I told you that the submitter obtained these plastic samples from the CGG inner well.

Last time I looked at a CGG slab there were no distinguishing marks on the plastic that makes up the inner well.

Kev

I assume your above question is about when the forum member takes the two individual wells to get tested. Well, I trust that he/she will differentiate the two when they are brought in. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Does anyone really think that revealing the source would add more credibility to this story?

What if it was someone who works for CGC? Would we believe them more??? Not likely since they are the competition. If they want to remain anonymous, let them.

Everyone is so damn critical on this board. Am I a supporter of CGC? Yes, I think they are a great bunch of people and they provide a valuable service for me (mainly signature series books).

Am I a supporter of CGG? Well, I can't say one way or the other, as I have had no dealings with them. I'm not for or against them. Mind you, I might be against them with these results.

Let the conspiracy theories rest. juggle.gif

duh! because we have no verification on the sample, let alone the submitter, and ulterior motives.

to throw my two cents in its says

two clear plastic samples not identified by customer

How about two clear plastic samples? 893frustrated.gif

I told you that the submitter obtained these plastic samples from the CGG inner well.

Last time I looked at a CGG slab there were no distinguishing marks on the plastic that makes up the inner well.

Kev

I meant unless you submitted the samples your self you only have the submitters word that the samples were from the CGG holder.

Plastic PVC bags can be clear plastic samples!

If there was more of explanation of the plastic sample was like it might be better.

(Eg stiff plastic, flimsy plastic,etc)

clear plastic is to broad a description.

Id love to see the rest of teh report as well.

No need to get testy, Kev. You're just the unwitting pawn in the whole scheme, we get that. I'm just saying that CLEARLY this person has an anti-CGG agenda... yet they won't come forward as having done the "legwork", as it were. Why do you suppose that is? What is this person (or persons) afraid of?

Seems to me that the person who is doing all this should have NO trouble stepping forward and "owning it", as it were... If you can offer a GOOD reason why they would be afraid to do so, please, lay it on me.

None of that changes the main point that the CGG inner well is made of PVC, and PVC is not a safe material for encapsulating books.

Kev

That's the word on the street, but has anyone ripped open a CGC slab and submitted the inner and outer holder in the same way?

Yes, with a different company doing the analysis. The inner well is archival but the outer case isn't. The American Association of Comic Book Collectors paid Tracey Heft to do a study of the plastics in several comic book plastic containers; the results can be seen below:

http://www.eclipsepaper.com/report.htm

None of that changes the main point that the CGG inner well is made of PVC, and PVC is not a safe material for encapsulating books.

Kev

Dance, Kev! Dance!

I think this is a pretty straightforward question for YOU, though:

"Seems to me that the person who is doing all this should have NO trouble stepping forward and "owning it", as it were... If you can offer a GOOD reason why they would be afraid to do so, please, lay it on me."

I mean, you can't seriously expect to just DROP a bombshell like that and just walk away, right?

meant unless you submitted the samples your self you only have the submitters word that the samples were from the CGG holder.

Plastic PVC bags can be clear plastic samples!

If there was more of explanation of the plastic sample was like it might be better.

(Eg stiff plastic, flimsy plastic,etc)

clear plastic is to broad a description.

Id love to see the rest of teh report as well.

I didn't submit them myself, but I do believe the submitter and I trust the information I was given. That's a leap of faith that I'm asking you to take... I wouldn't be presenting these findings if I had doubts.

I'll see what I can do about getting the rest of the report.

Kev