• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG (not CGC) holder professionally tested PLASTIC NOT ARCHIVAL!!!

411 posts in this topic

This Clark Khaos poster has a very familiar tone about him.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have no idea what you're talking about! Surely you're not insinuating that this is a poorly-crafted secret identity invented to protect my true secret identity?!!?

Nah..I try and limit my conspiracy theories to government cover-ups, corporate manipulation of the mass media and the like. I'm just saying....you have a familiar tone about you.... grin.giftongue.gifwink.gif

great info Kev, but the attachments I saw don't correlate in any way shape or form back to CGG. I don't doubt that the info is probably correct, just stating what I've just seen with my own two eyes...

The two unidentified clear plastic samples that were received by the lab for testing (attachment entitled "page2") came from the CGG inner well.

The submitter cracked a CGG slab and removed the comic book, then sent the inner well plastic in for analyis.

How does that not tie back to CGG?

If you don't believe it, feel free to send a CGG inner well in for analysis. I'm sure they will confirm, as this lab did, that the plastic is PVC.

Kev

How do you do that?

I don't know. I assume that since CGC has made no secret as to what they are made of that people actually believe them. Someone should independantly test the material, give me the report if you want... you can do it anonymously if you like. gossip.gif

Hey, I'm not doubting CGC, I just like to be fair across the board. If CGG had a test and getting slammed for it, then someone should do the same for CGC.

You'd be surprised what some of these tests turn up. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How do you do that?

Buy a CGG slab. Crack it open. Open the inner well and remove the book.

Then take the plastic to a testing facility. Look in the yellow pages or do a google search:

http://www.google.ca/search?q=testing+plastics&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=laboratory+analysis+of+plastic+material&meta=

Kev

CGC's inner well is made from BAREX, which is considered archivally sound.

That's the word on the street, but has anyone ripped open a CGC slab and submitted the inner and outer holder in the same way?

I have a inner well right now from CGC that I opened 2 and half years ago I would be willing to send it in to be tested but I dont want the price tag of say 800.00 dollars to test it.Any Ideas?

Davidking623

That's the word on the street, but has anyone ripped open a CGC slab and submitted the inner and outer holder in the same way?

I have a inner well right now from CGC that I opened 2 and half years ago I would be willing to send it in to be tested but I dont want the price tag of say 800.00 dollars to test it.Any Ideas?

Davidking623

I got $5 on it....5_1_116.gif

Hey, I'm not doubting CGC, I just like to be fair across the board. If CGG had a test and getting slammed for it, then someone should do the same for CGC.

Sure, why not?

Actually, my brother in law is a chemist and works in a lab that is used for similar testing.

If he (or someone else there) has the time, I'll buy some cheap CGC book and get an evaluation.

Davidking623

I got $5 on it....5_1_116.gif

add my $20.00

and while we are at it what is CGC's patent number?

and really Messrs. Borock and co. should think of amending this thread because I thought you were talking about CGC and had I not been the person I am, would have stopped reading and stopped submitting by page 3.

I still have a Spawn # 12 in My freezer from 1996 that is remarkably preserved...(in archival safe ZIPLOC

I'd be willing to contribute/paypal $10 or $20 bucks to a test of BOTH a CGG and a CGC inner well. Just to be fair.

I'm all for being fair, but as you can see above, I'm not going to contribute to David sending it in.

If he received a report back with:

"Inner well made from the FIERY BRIMSTONE OF HELL tinged with the BLOOD OF SATAN HIMSELF!!!"

He'd reply back with a big "It's 100% BAREX" thumb's up. thumbsup2.gif

and really Messrs. Borock and co. should think of amending this thread because I thought you were talking about CGC and had I not been the person I am, would have stopped reading and stopped submitting by page 3.

Wish I had an alternate name for CGG, unfortunately that's what they are called. Heck, even calling them Comic Grading Group will cause confusion.

Kev

I remember with my PVC card sheet holders that they give off a distinctive smell. Can anyone break open one of their CGG's and smell the inner sleeve? It is very distinctive.

Inner sleeve sniffer!!!

I'd be willing to contribute/paypal $10 or $20 bucks to a test of BOTH a CGG and a CGC inner well. Just to be fair.

I'm all for being fair, but as you can see above, I'm not going to contribute to David sending it in.

If he received a report back with:

"Inner well made from the FIERY BRIMSTONE OF HELL tinged with the BLOOD OF SATAN HIMSELF!!!"

He'd reply back with a big "It's 100% BAREX" thumb's up. thumbsup2.gif

Everyone would get 100 percent the truth there in both cases and I would send it to the same evaluation source that did this test to begin with! I just need someone to send me a CGG well and I will of course keep them accountable for where they originated from! I just called them and they were closed so I will make sure about a price quote as to be sure of the cost! I was thinking about to send just 1 of the wells in from each one also to keep cost down! If you have a problem with me doing this JC and cant accept the facts from a testing company then I would defer to have a board member do this that you would have faith in as I would completely trust you if that be the case!

Davidking623