• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG (not CGC) holder professionally tested PLASTIC NOT ARCHIVAL!!!

411 posts in this topic

[if you have a problem with me doing this JC and cant accept the facts from a testing company then I would defer to have a board member do this that you would have faith in as I would completely trust you if that be the case!

Thank you. acclaim.gif

It's not a case of trusting you, but simply a need to have this done straight up by a semi-unbiased person. Your views on CGG are well-known, and it would be better to have someone "on the outside" taking part.

Why did they release this information to you specifically and not somebody else?

Because I'm a good dancer.

Kev

Don't go getting a big head just because I said you're a better shill than Darth.

This whole thing still reeks.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I'd be willing to contribute/paypal $10 or $20 bucks to a test of BOTH a CGG and a CGC inner well. Just to be fair.

I'm all for being fair, but as you can see above, I'm not going to contribute to David sending it in.

If he received a report back with:

"Inner well made from the FIERY BRIMSTONE OF HELL tinged with the BLOOD OF SATAN HIMSELF!!!"

He'd reply back with a big "It's 100% BAREX" thumb's up. thumbsup2.gif

Everyone would get 100 percent the truth there in both cases and I would send it to the same evaluation source that did this test to begin with! I just need someone to send me a CGG well and I will of course keep them accountable for where they originated from! I just called them and they were closed so I will make sure about a price quote as to be sure of the cost! I was thinking about to send just 1 of the wells in from each one also to keep cost down! If you have a problem with me doing this JC and cant accept the facts from a testing company then I would defer to have a board member do this that you would have faith in as I would completely trust you if that be the case!

Davidking623

I'd be happy to donate my CGG cracked slab. Let me know when you have the money for the test and I'll send it off.

Some accredited labs seem to be able to analyze materials (plastics) for less than $200.

yeah but they may not be reliable enough for ruinization of comic grading companies. 27_laughing.gif

[if you have a problem with me doing this JC and cant accept the facts from a testing company then I would defer to have a board member do this that you would have faith in as I would completely trust you if that be the case!

Thank you. acclaim.gif

It's not a case of trusting you, but simply a need to have this done straight up by a semi-unbiased person. Your views on CGG are well-known, and it would be better to have someone "on the outside" taking part.

Joe what are you trying to say Davidking623 is anti CGG 893whatthe.gif

" CGG ? I TOLD YOU I WOULDNT SEND THEM MY READERS ,LET ALONE MY HIGH GRADES! Davidking623"

The gist of the analysis (page 2) is that the CGG holder is made of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC).

PVC is probably the worst thing you could put your comic in as it off-gasses CHLORINE GAS (Chloride) which will be absorbed by the paper and speed up the aging process .

Archival experts say that any you should always steer clear of products containing PVC.

Brutal. Just Brutal. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Does anyone really think that revealing the source would add more credibility to this story?

What if it was someone who works for CGC? Would we believe them more??? Not likely since they are the competition. If they want to remain anonymous, let them.

Everyone is so damn critical on this board. Am I a supporter of CGC? Yes, I think they are a great bunch of people and they provide a valuable service for me (mainly signature series books).

Am I a supporter of CGG? Well, I can't say one way or the other, as I have had no dealings with them. I'm not for or against them. Mind you, I might be against them with these results.

Let the conspiracy theories rest. juggle.gif

I don't know, this all smells fishy to me. Until we know who submitted the materials for the test it's irrelevant. The person who submitted the items to the lab might have an agenda against CGG.

J.

Should I or shouldn't I????

Wolverine # 2 CGG 9.8

wolverine2cgg98small.jpg

Why not? I'm sure you can crack that slab and send the book to CGC long before the PVC takes effect. thumbsup2.gif

devil.gif