• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Budget cuts on Walking Dead season 2?

20 posts in this topic

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/walking-dead-producer-frank-darabont-193454

:ohnoez:

The creative forces behind some of TV’s top series are lamenting the increased budget pressure they are under these days. Speaking on The Hollywood Reporter’s annual drama showrunner Emmy roundtable, Walking Dead writer-producer Frank Darabont specifically addressed the budget on his hit AMC zombie drama, which he says is in jeopardy of being cut.

“Creatively I have no complaints thus far,” Darabont says. “But I believe if they do move ahead with what they’re talking about, it will affect the show creatively ... in a negative way. Which just strikes me as odd. If you have an asset, why would you punish it?”

this sux donkey schlongs... :mad:

Well said! :censored:

Doesn`t bother me at all, as long as they are able to produce a full slate of shows. One of the things I liked about the show was that it wasn`t effects heavy and I didn`t see much about the show that really requires a big budget. The season finale would`ve been just as effective without the big explosion.

If you want to watch a big budget zombie show, go rent some "Resident Evil" DVDs. (shrug)

Doesn`t bother me at all, as long as they are able to produce a full slate of shows. One of the things I liked about the show was that it wasn`t effects heavy and I didn`t see much about the show that really requires a big budget. The season finale would`ve been just as effective without the big explosion.

If you want to watch a big budget zombie show, go rent some "Resident Evil" DVDs. (shrug)

Totally agree that one of the plus points for the series was that it wasn't an effect driven show but like the comic it put an emphasis on character development.

That being said it's not just about the effects, but also the costs involved in filming on location etc can quickly become prohibitive if not carefully monitored.

Totally agree that one of the plus points for the series was that it wasn't an effect driven show but like the comic it put an emphasis on character development.

That being said it's not just about the effects, but also the costs involved in filming on location etc can quickly become prohibitive if not carefully monitored.

Plus those pesky actors expect to be paid! Selfish arseholes. :sumo:

One of the things I liked about the show was that it wasn`t effects heavy and I didn`t see much about the show that really requires a big budget.
I don't know. They have a pretty big cast and there's a ton of makeup work required for the zombies. Plus, it looked like they did a fair amount of location shooting vs. stages.

The networks are known for killing any series with promise, but are more than happy to put reality TV in it's place. In protest the producers should run an entire episode with cut out cardboard stand-ins for zombies just to get their message across.

A friend of mine bumped into Norman Reedus at a bar two minutes from my house the other day. :frustrated: Thanks for the call, Eric!

8e4dd905.jpg

Apparently production on the second season just started and it's being shot right here in my home county!

A friend of mine bumped into Norman Reedus at a bar two minutes from my house the other day. :frustrated: Thanks for the call, Eric!

8e4dd905.jpg

Apparently production on the second season just started and it's being shot right here in my home county!

How fast is that guy moving in the background???