• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm curious, are you a stereotypical sports hating comic geek or ...

88 posts in this topic

Pro football - Oakland Raiders

I feel your pain. It's been a crappy 27 years, hasn't it?

Most definitely; but I'll keep sticking with 'em. Hopefully in a future Super Bowl, "Black Sunday" will return...

It's been brutal the last few years but when Gruden was the coach it wasn't too bad. I just hope they have a football season this year! :wishluck:

+1 :wishluck:

football-ravens, baseball- the o's, hockey-colorado avalanche & ahl hershey bears.

can't stand golf, nascar, wrasslin', tennis or ping pong.

Ex-Division 1 College Tennis player and still weekend warrior at the 5.0+ level against the local talent in tournaments and leagues. Ping Pong champ of my 150+ person office.

Love Chicago pro sports teams since a kid thanks to my dad who took me to games and watched with me on TV.

Enjoyed every minute of the Miami Heat's demise in the finals and Lebron's comments that further alienated him from anyone listening.

Pro football - Oakland Raiders

I feel your pain. It's been a crappy 27 years, hasn't it?

Most definitely; but I'll keep sticking with 'em. Hopefully in a future Super Bowl, "Black Sunday" will return...

It's been brutal the last few years but when Gruden was the coach it wasn't too bad. I just hope they have a football season this year! :wishluck:

+1 :wishluck:

Crybabies! lol

Just HOW many Superbowls have The Raiders won in their existence?

I mean seriously, The Bills went four times in a row & didn't win ANY. Then to make matters worse, we haven't even been to the playoffs since 1999 ( well, actually early 2000 ).

ARRRGH!

I split my PSL tickets for the Baltimore Ravens with my dad. I was shocked when he was still gung ho about paying for the tickets this season, but we were told that whatever games are not played, they would credit our account for next season.

So needless to say....I love me some football.

Dear Baltimore Lauren,

I would like to be your date for Game 1 of the NFL Season on Sept. 11th, 2011. Just inform your pesky boyfriend that he can't go and tell pops the season is cancelled and you will be refunded next season, and I will be your second. I will make sure to dress up in a black and yellow costume (reminiscent of your cosplaying con adventures) and you might even be able to be a super-heroine and save me from the drunken Ravens fans in our section after i enrage them with taunts about how the Steelers are going to pummel them (again). But don't worry if it gets too out of hand, I have Super-Polamalu long hair and a devastating Lamar Woodley flying kick... bccbe120.gif

I split my PSL tickets for the Baltimore Ravens with my dad. I was shocked when he was still gung ho about paying for the tickets this season, but we were told that whatever games are not played, they would credit our account for next season.

Dear Baltimore Lauren,

I would like to be your date for Game 1 of the NFL Season on Sept. 11th, 2011. Just inform your pesky boyfriend that he can't go and tell pops the season is cancelled and you will be refunded next season, and I will be your second. I will make sure to dress up in a black and yellow costume (reminiscent of your cosplaying con adventures) and you might even be able to be a super-heroine and save me from the drunken Ravens fans in our section after i enrage them with taunts about how the Steelers are going to pummel them (again). But don't worry if it gets too out of hand, I have Super-Polamalu long hair and a devastating Lamar Woodley flying kick... bccbe120.gif

Here is a fire. Jump in it.

;) I still love you.

Dear Baltimore Lauren,

Here is a fire. Jump in it.

;) I still love you.

:banana:

Lifetime Redskin fan. Enjoyed the glory years (lucky to have attended the Superbowl for the 1987 season - my Dad won tickets!) and now suffering through the lean years.

I enjoy baseball (grew up an Oriole fan but in the post Cal period I have adopted the Nationals) and coach both of my son's little league teams.

Also love golf and am having a great time being a volunteer and spectator at the US Open this week.